Nugget Shooter Forums

Selling Meteorites Found on California BLM

Hi everyone, it has been a long time since I have posted on this forum. Hope everyone is doing well!

I had a question about the legality of selling meteorites found in California on BLM land. Can you sell them legally? I remember a while back that you could not sell them, but that if someone inherited them from you they could then sell them. Have the laws changed at all? I would like to sell some of my meteorites but want to stay within the law.

Thank you, Scott

Meteorites only are found on private property which you have permission to hunt. Everyone knows that. Cheers, Unc

Can anyone here actually point me to any laws regarding collecting or selling meteorites? Or for that matter any law that even mentions meteorites?

I've asked this question before but no one has ever been able to produce anything close to a law. It seems "everybody knows" that such a law exists. Just no one knows where it is?

Can anyone here actually point me to any laws regarding collecting or selling meteorites? Or for that matter any law that even mentions meteorites?

I've asked this question before but no one has ever been able to produce anything close to a law. It seems "everybody knows" that such a law exists. Just no one knows where it is?

Clay,

Of course it is not a law but when you go into a BLM office or another government land management office they point to this policy memo. I know you have seen it so what should we do about it?

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/regulations/Instruction_Memos_and_Bulletins/national_instruction/2012/IM_2012-182.html

Mitchel

Policy is not law ... My mining partners and I spend beaucoup bucks fighting forest service policy and won ... Still cost us $$$$ that we never got back but the general rule is POLICY IS NOT LAW! Cheers, Unc

Thank you everyone for your input. This really does clear things up. Thanks Mitchel for posting the BLM policy document. That is all I have ever found regarding the law. Thank you Unc Ron for your input about policy not being law. And thank you Garimpo for your generous gifts, insitsu pics and all :4chsmu1: .