Nugget Shooter Forums

magnetic rocks are these,please

Does anyone know what these rocks might be? some are slightly magnetic and some a little more. when I grinded into them they look real shiny like metal :idunno: I appreciate any info. they dont look like any pictures of slag

You really need to make the photo more blurry, and take a picture of the rocks on a black piece of construction paper if you want somebody to be able to give you an accurate identification. I'm stumped! :arrowheadsmiley:

Melanie:
Could you give some info on how you found them and mabee where they came from?

Pics. look good to me...but I have 5/5 vision :)
Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Blackbird your funny this time. you got me.Tom H. I can only show you the getting place.and rimshot I will look up galena right now.If I was to take a class on this it would be geology?you know they dont even have a book that lists all metal rocks together. The librarian tripped.I guess native elements?

these are all magnetic also zoom in and check it out please.dont look like slag

Edited by melanievoita

I am going to go out on a very flimsy limb here, throw a wild guess at the wall and see if it sticks.

It's weathered magnetite :th:

They dont leave a mark on the streak test ,actually the brown one in the first photo, left a chalky brown streak.Does galena leave a mark.Its just that Everyone says "meteorites are magnetic "well magnetic rocks are easy too come by .I just wonder what they are.