Nugget Shooter Forums
Micro Nugget

Gold Is Taking Another Dump

Ive noticed that when things such as Ebola epedemics and war pop up, people tend to take their money out of less tangible items such as toilet paper$ and stocks,
and put them into something a little more tangible such as gold.
And gold does have many purposes including the electronic components and the devices your viewing this on.
at times I wish we would go back to a time when you had something (gold coins)you could hold in your hand that's not just a piece of paper and a promise.
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Gold can save your head......it can purchase freedom, food, water, safe passage through borders and once you relocated can help you start a new life. The essentials are a given, but once you survive the Zombie Apocalypse , what than? I had a friend whose family came from south east asia,they came to America after the war. Dad had a gold belt with long thin flat gold bars around his chest. They started a new life in America, business and all. All his kids went to college, and now have great jobs. Most people can and will survive , its what happens after, that your beans cant buy..... :) Like you said John, gold will always be a form of exchange for goods in times of need, so will weapons..and lead :)

I also have over 30 gallons of every kind of booze for trade as ALWAYS a good item for disinfecting things :ROFL: 4 kinds a tekillya but that's for ME :4chsmu1: John

I'm not trolling here, just stating my point of view. Like everyone else I've changed my mind many times. But here is how i see it. I dont see a snowballs chance for gold to hit $700 or $400. Nor shall silver hit $5 as some have suggested. With the dollar in its present state not backed by anything but printing presses and Chinese loans, it's difficult to see where the global confidence in the American dollar will come from. If things continue as they have for the last 15 years or so there's no way in hell the buying power of the dollar can achieve those kind of low numbers on PMs. An artificial low spike is conceivable but would be so short as to not change the mean. If gas drops to $1.25 a gallon, milk to $0.90 a gallon, and Big Macs down to $1 consistently, then we should expect those kind of low PM values. Untill then its safe to look at when gas cost about a buck, compare it to where gold was at that time and extrapolate that info present pm values as its directly linked to the buying power of the Dollar in general. I encourage anyone to point out flaws in this line of reasoning. I'm happy to learn

Edited by Sport

Yaaaaaaaaaaa! When i bought my gold it was 1248 an ounce and then the bottom dropped out. sniff...Well today i'm making money....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's now 1249 and ounce. Wish it would spike thru the roof.

It just dropped below 1145. Have a look....

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Unfortunately it's going to go a lot lower. The Swiss just voted that they don't need any more reserves, they'd rather have more muslims. Some are saying it will hit 800 oz. :yikes:

and it may hit 800.00 and silver 10 Bucks.....I would say silver at 10 or lower is opportunity to buy.....what goes up, will go down.... :) what goes down...will cycle up again.....just depends on your life cycle....will you be around for another up swing. With the growing population in Asia...and India....and their thirst for gold. I would bet.....gold will hit 2,000 and silver at 50 . So it's just a waiting game...cycles. Paper will always stay paper....gold is Golden!

Edited by Relichunter2
  • Like 2

This so called new world order will manipulate to get you to pull your pm's out of hiding and trade it for this great new economy in paper..... I just can't help but wonder while we are selling, all the big countries in the east are buying everything they can get their hands on?

tons of "Paper gold" are being sold in seconds in the middle of the night

• Like 1

Geez , Ag bounced like a dead cat , overnight..

I'm not trolling here, just stating my point of view. Like everyone else I've changed my mind many times. But here is how i see it. I dont see a snowballs chance for gold to hit $700 or $400. Nor shall silver hit $5 as some have suggested. With the dollar in its present state not backed by anything but printing presses and Chinese loans, it's difficult to see where the global confidence in the American dollar will come from. If things continue as they have for the last 15 years or so there's no way in hell the buying power of the dollar can achieve those kind of low numbers on PMs. An artificial low spike is conceivable but would be so short as to not change the mean. If gas drops to $1.25 a gallon, milk to $0.90 a gallon, and Big Macs down to $1 consistently, then we should expect those kind of low PM values. Untill then its safe to look at when gas cost about a buck, compare it to where gold was at that time and extrapolate that info present pm values as its directly linked to the buying power of the Dollar in general. I encourage anyone to point out flaws in this line of reasoning. I'm happy to learn

I see right now the Dollar index is at a all 5 year high. That would explain a lot of what were seeing in regards to some of our commodity prices dropping right now. The US $ index will eventually spiral back downward as a result of our national debt, interest on the debt with the spending budget deficits we currently have in place. It's over loaded as it is, and keeps going.

I'd say hang on to all your gold right now. My gut feeling is the Dollar index will drop dramatically in a year or so as a result of the above, and gold will skyrocket again.

When the bulk of all the physical gold is bought up by the "paper money" dealers and is safely stored

in the many different hoarders vaults, THEN is when the value of Gold and Silver will sky rocket upwards

because only the very few huge, Government Backed Companies will be allowed to mine gold and silver.

Then is when the paper money gets used for bung-fodder and the true value of Gold and Silver will be

the "new world standard" ....again. Those that have gold and silver will do well, those that don't will scrounge

for a life. Same old song and dance as is documented throughout history...just round 500 or so......JMHO

• Like 1

What a roller coaster ride. It's up $52 today.

That's to get people to buy more so they can kick the stool out from under you one more time....lol

Up $71 in past 16 hours!

If one doesn't have tens,hundreds or thousands of ounces it doesn't really mean much at the current prices.It's all good when staying over a thousand dollars an ounce.

• Like 1

No worries! India has just lifted restrictions on importing bullion, and China is buying

it up like there's no tomorrow. Iran is selling it's oil for gold, and even though the

central banks and the FED are fighting it, many countries are backing at least a portion

of their assets with some gold. This is bad news for the US Treasury, which still can't

say what happened to our gold, and can't explain why after WWII, with 1940's tech-

nology, they could move Germany's gold quickly and easily to hold it "for them". And

now that Germany wants it back, the government can't give it back because of the

"difficulties to move it" with 2014 technology. Really? History repeats itself - after

the CIA engineered coup in the Ukraine, "special US forces" seized, I mean protected

their nation's gold, by transporting it (without any difficulties, either) to the US for

"safe-keeping" until there is stability in the new regime. Right.

Better buy it while it's this low, or better yet, go out and find some.

Ben

• Like 3

Come on $2000 as then I'm gonna sell a few pounds of the small stuff,but never sell the best a the best. Lifelong collection as after 57 years a gold grubbn' does give ya options,especially non taxable trades MY FAVORITE-John

That's to get people to buy more so they can kick the stool out from under you one more time....lol

Any trauma rec'd by the "kickee" is only felt if they spook and sell their booty for a loss.

Otherwise, it's a non-event.

• Like 2

:evil1: that cat was really dead, wawsn't it? :evil1::yesss:

Ag & Au ares up pretty good today.

COuld it be demand is outstripping supply? Do cows go moo?

CAn you get certain potash fertilizers on the WEst coast? Some

Is there a shortage of others in higher demand( KSO4 vs KCL)? Yes.

POtash SUlfate is on backorder till next year around these parts. Lots of muriate around, though.

What's the point?

Depressed commodities prices, in general, have affected total supply( less of it when mines go dormant) so that demand outstrips it.

But then, that's what we learnt in ECON 101, right?.

• Like 1

Cdhpr; I have compared your cost of production figures with the typical Wall Street price to earnings ratio and I think buying into your operation is a safer bet- if there are shares available.

• Like 2

I see 3 lows since Nov in both Ag and Au.. Each successive low is higher than the previous......

Oil is taking a dump, I am betting more will buy gold....gold will be up !