Nugget Shooter Forums

Can you see it ? ......

adam

I remember that trip to Jerome's placer district. Yea that one scared me really bad. My foot missed him by about a foot and a half. Never did rattle even when we bought him a beer. At the time i did have snake chaps on. Lots of snakes this time of year 6 rattle and 2 gofer snakes in a 3 week span.

Well, I would have stepped on it three times by now...I still don't see it..someone's going to have to put a arrow on the pick for me :)

Yup...would have stepped on it 3 times :)
Dern it blends in good.

Tom

Skip, that took me awhile to find that sneaky snake. Copperheads are nasty...cousin got bit by one in his backyard when we were kids. He barely survived. He fell over in some tall weeds, and it was a long while before my aunt found him.

We used to jug fish at night for catfish and I remember the river would always float some of the jugs back under the overhanging bushes. Had to reach in there with a long gaff because the cotton mouths would hang in the trees over the water. You couldn't see them worth a darn either! Creepy...

Edited by ArcticDave

Man alive them silent ones just raise the hair on the back of my neck. Almost got hit in the face down on the SF American down from Coloma. Back east in Louisiana them water moccasins are very aggressive too. Never met a rattler I didn't kill and no I will never chill on that attitude as plenty of other snakes around. I haul them all to my claims to clear rattlers out but this year the place is crawling with them little devils. John

All I can find is Waldo...

Tom H.