Nugget Shooter Forums

Spammer has been banned

I suspected a new member who registered yesterday to be a possible spammer after seeing his email address and researching it, I approved his registration anyway and waited to see if it was so, as I suspected his first post was spam and he has been banned, as a result his topic and all replies to it have been removed.

I was unable to be online for a few hours this afternoon and that when he started his spam topic, so I didn't catch it before there were replies to it.

I want to Thank the members who called him for what he was, a Spammer, so my Thanks goes out to Extractor for calling him out and reporting his topic as spam and to Mitchel A.K.A. Mn90403 for suspecting him as well, a honorable mention goes out to 49goldrushtradingpost and to Mike Furness for questioning the claims on the product the Spammer was trying to sell.

Thanks guys!!! :thumbsupanim

Skip...thanks for keeping on top of this stuff. :)
Forum management can be a pain...but its appreciated.

Tom H.

What exactly is spam, spamming?

What exactly is spam, spamming?

SPAM (at least as it pertains to this and many other forums) is when a guy comes on here touting the latest and greatest gold or meteorite detector as if he's the end user of the product, when it fact he is actually the manufacturer or dealer of said product. In this case the guy was way to obvious. Some how me thinks if his product was so great and has found so many meteorites, then the guy should have no problem buying ad space from Bill, or at least giving him a heads up and ask permission if he can advertise his product.

The guy had been here before and Skip told him to leave. He came back 'changing his tune' slightly but still selling.

Bill lets us use his forum to sell a few used things. He uses this forum to sell us things that we need and be a good guy and keep us all communicating. There are lots of forums and lots of detector shops.

Spam is when someone comes in to sell you HIS stuff on your site. Think about the emails you get. Some are wanted and some you have given permission to. These are ok and not spam.

Spam is when someone sends you an email without your permission and it usually involves a sale but it doesn't have to. This guy was spamming the Nugget Shooter Forums and Skip will not let him do it.