Nugget Shooter Forums

Does anyonr have a smelter around 7th ave 101

melanievoita

I think you mean Acetlyne & Oxy torch ? Depending on what you are melting a little True Value torch will melt stuff and if you get a bottle of Mapp gas it burns a lil hotter/ Welcome to the forum Melanie

Jim

Jim ,Are You the guy from church who was going to do that chemical process for me,

in sunnyslope? you look familiar.

when I reread what this[ quik] post turned into, I felt I should start it by saying" if my bad grammer is going to upset you, dont read it" .As smart as I feel I am about some stuff. I dont really care about how I write..(my choice )doctors dont write so well either.:]seeing as how youve been prewarned of my bad writing, if you continue too read this please dont complain here or try and belittle me k?if anyone who reads this doesnt have anything nice to say dont say nothing.why cant we all just get along.I love all of you even though I dont know a single one of you.because you obviously share the love for this kind of stuff as I do.and i do .no one else around me gives a hoot . about any of my interests even though I know, they know, how cool the stuff I do is. and how smart I am and good at finding stuff.LOL its funny my boyfriend says i put too much time into it. and" stangmike?" {mr pleasant} well he says.." I need too put time into it" :nutty: lol, well.. my" bad writing warning " got a little long.

.heres where I first started...

.once again if you cant stand my writing its not meant for you ..lets see if its possibly possible. that no one mentions my bad writing or.how flighty i am .the possibility of no one hating on me. it wont happen.I guess when all you people were in school writing so well I was out in the desert starten my life

heres The first paragraph I was Gonna say turning into ,What I ended up saying...

I get carried away with what Im about

"It is my understanding .That if you mix equal parts of gold dust,Borax,and boric acid in a little plastic baggy with water .You can melt it. supposedly, in a red clay pot, you heat tested with borax.on a coal fire with air channeled onto the fire through a long pipe connected to a blow dryer.

Then any impurities will leave a black layer on top of the gold button.Is this right?..Now, I believe its true everything you see on the internet is not factual,.thats about all the info I was able to glean off you tube. About getting good gold from ore

Ive located some pretty rich ore thats easy enough to seperate,it seems theirs no market for gold dust that Im aware I put so much time into researching the things Im into at the time.only to find there is only so much I can learn.First my non existing Caveman tools that i have a grip of and that should go to education ,yet cant because.Even Though they wont acknowledge cave man tools exist in america. ASU still cant touch any artifact and meteorites I studied to death searched out and found only to find out..That as much as part of the people think their so great!!!! the ones you need to connect with shut you down. there is no place in phoenix who will even look at them.every one says take them too your local college wich is closed to the public,space center downtown doesnt even employ a geologist or ????{whats the word???}space rock studier.my final conclusian about space rock studiers and bringing forth meteorites is their egos cant except anyone else can find them (when they probaly cant) the market for them in general,Im thinking needs to keep them rare.the head guy of meteorites :old:lol. at our local our college....He actually told me these are his own words "oh we pretty much Know of all the meteorites that exist and all meteorites are pretty much brown and crumbly like the ones in the display and that arizona meteorites ,only land in arizona"what kind of crock is that No one except god knows everything of this world its changing constantly new stuff is surfacing all the time .

well I studied every single thing about meteorites i could find only to find out it was all wrong :idunno: . all of it.suppose nasa is and aero light ?eh :ROFL:

. then.prospecting? after my friend tells me he pulls in a couple grand a week in his spare time,prospecting. resultied in cursing me with the gold bug fever. Ive searched everybit of the general area searching for this elusive stuff . only to find out later he was pulling my leg :grr01: still too this day I search :Just_Cuz_06: what Ive found out is..since i dont drive :4chsmu1: right here in phx where Im at is that if money is going to be made off prospecting its going too be off buying up rich ore, real cheap off ebay. and refining. it wich I cant do without a smelter.I find the prospecting crowd are the only helpfull and polite group of smarties Ive come across :thumbsupanim .anyways what I was trying to do here was find out if someone has a smelter because that crackpot campfire smelting I cant pull off ..sorry if this is mis use of this forum .in the rules you shouldnt have said "post away" :] :yesss:

Nopers I'm not the Jim from church and grammar dont upset me jest trying to clarify what you wanted :4chsmu1: Ima kinda thinkin ifn the ore was rich you wouldnt be gettin it cheap. What you need is a drywasher or metal detector and be prepared for lots of hrs of fun BSing with friends and occasionally finding sum purty yeller stuff :yesss:

edit: A smelter is kinda spendy to run so might not be your best option

Edited by devilishjim

You could sell gold dust, maybe not for as much as nuggets but its still gold. That being said if you have a way to crush the ore, if the gold is free gold not requiring chemical sepparation you could crush and pan then melt with a torch available at home depot or lowes for around 50$. Or just sell the dust on ebay. Are you processing large quantities of ore?

Melanie,

Good grammar has never been a requirement for being a member here and posting on this forum, that being said you may get a little flack from some, but don't let it brother you too much, if the ribbing gets too out of hand I and or other staff members will step in a set it straight, that being said, if I didn't have and use a good spell checker and re-read and edit my posts most here would be hard pressed to read and or understand anything I write on theses forums!!! :ROFL:

There is a market for fine gold, most gold mining companies find nothing but fine gold, meaning most of the gold being mined today is fine gold, some of the gold is so fine you can only see it under high magnification and these mining companies wouldn't be in business if there was no market for fine gold,

That being said, if you are finding ore as you stated that is easy to separate the gold from the ore, I would suggest crushing it and separating the gold as best you can and then send the gold off to a refiner, they have all the proper equipment to do the job correctly, if not done correctly you risk losing some of the gold or having it combining with the impurities to a point of making it very difficult to separate the gold the second time around, with many refiners you can get 75% to 90% of the "spot price" money value of the actual pure gold content, e.g. meaning if the gold you have is 80% pure out of the ore you would get .60 to .72 cent on the dollar for your gold sent to a refiner, by the time you buy all the proper equipment and learn the proper techniques to properly refine the gold and then find a buyer, you will not get the same value for your gold that you would sending it to a professional refiner.

Just melting gold will not remove the impurities, smelting on the other hand will remove many of the impurities, but still will not get you pure gold, there will still be other metals in the gold such as copper, silver, etc., etc., the gold at that point is considered "dore" and still has to be sent to a refiner to refine it further, also when smelting gold you need to be able to control the temperature very accurately or you risk vaporizing some of the gold if the temperature is too high and losing that vaporized gold altogether, if the temperature is too low you risk in the end of having a blob of gold and other material combining in such a way that is very hard as mentioned above to refine the second time around and usually some of gold will be lost trying to do so the second time.

Buying the proper equipment to smelt or even melt gold properly and SAFELY is very expensive, you will get more for your gold by sending it to the professional refiners, you will note that I highlighted safely in the last sentence, melting and or smelting gold it is very hazardous due to the very high heat and the fumes involved in do so, without the proper equipment and knowledge one can do great bodily harm to oneself!!

If you still wish to pursue this venture, I would suggest seek the proper training from professionals if you can find one that can teach you all steps and what equipment to have and use to be able to do this safely without risk to yourself or your neighbors.

If you do decide to use a refiner instead, start a topic or do a search on this forum for a good refiner, and be patient as many of the members here that do use refiners don't visit the forums every day and sometime aren't on online for longer periods due to being out looking for gold!!

Spelling and such...just read all my posts Im as bad as they come. Secret is if you're finding nice gold consistently people will focus on the reason they come to this forum,which is looking and living vicariously thru others gold finds.

Thank you for responding and all the usefull information and reminding me how much too complicating the whole process is with the gold ore.Its easy enough crushing it down and getting it seperated butt from this point on is out of my league.I dont have money for the refinerey .I didnt even think about selling it on ebay.I mostly wanted too see it happen all the way threw.I do know that on ebay right now they are selling some really rich ore pretty cheap for the weight .I suppose, because it is so hard to do.Im thinking that some one who can refine it could probably make some money buying it there without investing too much.It all seems too much like work too me.I noticed that they are using some rocks in landscaping, lemonite? looking ones that are just the same as the silver ore they sell on ebay.I dont know if it all still is like that butt some they used by my house a long time ago looks really rich. on the other hand I have seen alot of pictures that they say its platinum,Its all really interesting too me, I totally respect your knowledge If any gold is in my future its gonna be nuggets I find if I can ever find someone to take me out there I heard.supposedly the river ?creek that flows into lake pleasant is the runoff of three gold producing mountains and a friend of a friend says theres a drainage ditch right there going into pleasant where gold builds up in these cracks and he says it takes two people because one person has to be lowerd down on a rope .He says they would get alot .I dont see where hes talking about exactly.I cant locate it on google earth I dont even remeber who told me.it seemed like the truth .maybe that can help someone.best of luck everyone think positive thanx again

Melanie,

It doesn't cost you any money up front when sending gold to be refined to a refiner, the only cost to you will be the shipping cost of sending it in, the cost of the refining is taken into consideration on the percentage paid back to you after refining the gold, e.g. the 75% to 90% of 100% I mentioned in my earlier reply, the remainder of the 100% is their fee for the refining, once the gold has been refined and a the value determined the refiner will send you a check, or with some very few refiners you can get the gold back after it has been refined, but you will then have to pay a fee for the refining cost before they will ship the refined gold to you, but just so you know most refiners will only accept a few ounces at a minimum to be refined, there maybe some that will accept smaller amounts but you would have to contact any particular refiner your interested in to see what their minimum is, I would contact several to see which is best suited for you, or select a refiner from recommendations of other gold prospectors' advice.

Also it would be sometimes wise to ask for getting paid for any other precious metals contain in the raw gold, sometimes some gold will contain high percentages of other precious metals, usually silver, but there could other valuable metals within the raw gold and most refiners usually don't pay for those other metals unless they're asked to by the customer since there are other processes involved in refining out the other precious metal, sometimes it not worth the extra cost and sometimes it is, just something to ask about if you choose to use a refiner.

Just a quick response to the above.... I've been selling to refiners since the 1980's and never dealt with one that pays for the other precious metals, (OPM) such as silver and platinum ... They all consider that small content recovery to be part of their pay for refining services ... I guess if the OPM content were very high then you'd do well to negotiate that, but that seems generally to not be the case... Cheers, Unc