Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Dutchman found! Again?

Alwaysdirty

I think this is the third time I've heard of this being found.

So here's a guy on a Facebook Arizona Gold Prospectors and Treasure Hunters page claiming he just found the Dutchmans mine in the Superstitions.

Heres a link but you need a Facebook account to sign in:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arizonagoldprospectors/permalink/644926838959866/

Heres some screen shots of it

post-27032-0-06240000-1412264648_thumb.ppost-27032-0-82170800-1412264673_thumb.j

I thought this would be some good entertainment. There is already a ton of comments on it.

Maybe I'll be the next to find it! Maybe my three year old will find it in our back yard... :)

I don't think it matters if you found the Lost Dutchman's mine or not, as long as the hole/mine in the ground you did find is producing great gold, you can call it whatever you wish :thumbsupanim , if there's no gold it doesn't matter if it is the actual Lost Dutchman's mine, it would just be a hole in the ground with no gold!!! :th:

The Dutchman was a highgrader thief who just used hidden stolen ore as his own.Then reintroduced as a new find.Gold ore analysis by AA proved exact same composition of ore as mine he ripped off. Each and every deposit has it's own fingerprint composition for identification by AA/gas chromophotography(sp) Could be a hole he dug but I fail to see his name carved in stone-John

Edited by Hoser John

I think this is the third time I've heard of this being found.

So here's a guy on a Facebook Arizona Gold Prospectors and Treasure Hunters page claiming he just found the Dutchmans mine in the Superstitions.

Heres a link but you need a Facebook account to sign in:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arizonagoldprospectors/permalink/644926838959866/

Heres some screen shots of it

attachicon.gifIMG_9174.pngattachicon.gifIMG_0195.jpg

I thought this would be some good entertainment. There is already a ton of comments on it.

Maybe I'll be the next to find it! Maybe my three year old will find it in our back yard... :)

AD,

That's a little different then some of the tales i have read. Some say the dutchmans mine is a hole in the ground that goes straight downward and then drifts. They (who i can't remember who) said the mine was covered over with timbers, dirt, and rock that you could drive a wagon over without knowing you were on a mine shaft.

John, I got this off of treasure net site and I had found similiar information on other sites. I really don't think he stole the ore because of these stories. But who knows? It's hard to wade thru all of the truth and fiction from a story that's soooo dated. But anyhow read this and maybe you will change your mind.

This is from post #10.

"Now to return to the Vulture ore, Waltz highgrading scenario. In one of Helen Corbin's books (I think "Curse of the Dutchman's Gold" but can check if someone wishes) she included two sworn affadavits from Bob Corbin and Tom Kollenborn; both stated that they had seen an assay report done by Goldman's store for Dick Holmes when he wanted to sell the ore from Waltz. It was some $110,000 in gold to the ton, with gold at the then current price of $20.67 per ounce. They also added that an ore comparison had been done at the University of Arizona, and that the ore did not match any known source. It came from an unknown source. Further, a search of the still existing records from the Vulture mine show that Jacob Waltz never worked there so this scenario doesn't work well. Besides, at the Vulture stands a spooky looking old tree known as the "Hanging Tree" where highgraders and thieves paid the ultimate price. It would have been very unwise for Waltz to have been stealing ore."

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/250259-lost-gold-mine-jacob-waltz-not-peralta-stones-related.html

WOW! That's over 5300 ounces of gold per ton. Amazing!

You know some say his mine wasn't even in the Superstition. It was in other gold fields around the Superstition. This makes sense to me. He just told everyone it was so they would never find the mine.

Pretty smart.

If he didnt use his real name it would be hard to prove or disprove the Vulture story. AzNuggetBob

JMO

Ya see back in those days it was not uncommon for people to use differnt names. it was a matter of being shunned because of ethnic culture in the U.S. and it was conveinent for thieves too. In my opinion he was a con artist and a very good one, after all the mystery continues to this day! Do I think we will ever solve the mystery of the Dutchman? maybe not. he may live on forever.

AznuggetBob

Yep AZ, if he used a false name at the Vulture, that puts a BIG kink in the tale for sure. This tale has more twist and turns in it then 100 rattlesnakes... :grr01: