How many are attending   

18 members have voted

1. 1. will it just be you or?

• Just me
    • me and my other half
    • 3 of us
    • 4 of us
    • 5 of us

OK the fall outing is on for the 7th to 9th of November 2014 at Gold Basin in the same spot we have done this for many years now, I think 11 or so outings it has been....

Just wanting to relax and get together with some Nugget Shooter Forum members and all forum members are welcome to attend as are Face Book friends. I will be supplying smoked brisket and pork roast for the Saturday night dinner. This is a POT LUCK on Saturday and side dishes are up to those attending and if you are gonna eat please bring something to share and these potlucks are always fun!

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend so we may get a head count of sorts... See you there!

Here are directions to the camp area...

From Pierce Ferry Road you turn onto Greggs Hideout Road and you will see a row of mailboxes at:
N35' 46.911 W114' 07.734

Go almost 3 miles from the mailboxes to intersection with big yellow sign and black arrow pointing left onto Spring Drive at: N35' 49.326 W114' 09.176

At the end of Spring Drive turn right and you are back on Hideout Road and the second cattle guard is just ahead at: N35' 49.362 W114' 10.056

Stay on Hideout Road and cross over second cattle guard at Hideout and Gladiola Drives. Proceed straight on Hideout Road till you come to the MPA28 sign at: N35' 52.808 W114' 10.524

Turn left here onto the road that runs along the left side of Hideout Road then turn left at bottom of slight hill at: N35' 52.995 W114' 10.553

Turn right at fork at end of road at: N35'52.996 W114'11.582 MORE TO FOLLOW:

HERE IS THE REST:

Turn left at the "Y" in the road at: N5235' 53.697 W114' 12.329

The GOLD BASIN sign will be on your left at: N35' 52.952 W114' 13.725

Proceed straight a good stones throw till you reach the fabled Joshua tree with the firpit nearby at: N35' 52.882 W114' 13.837

Here is a link to a driving map from Kingman to Gold Basin Rd, alternate route would be Stockton Hills Road from Kingman to Peirce Ferry Road.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Joining the GPAA would be a good idea since we are camping on their claim and you will also be able to hunt there if a member. Otherwise I may try to get JB to let us hunt his property...

See ya there!

That Joshua Tree has fallen but you can still see the fire ring.

I will be making a pot of beans and bacon on Sat. Also, FrankC and I hold the Goldenrite claim up there and all will be welcome to hunt that claim during the Outing.

Know it's GPAA, but any thoughts on replanting another brush (tree)? or is that even legal? I'm a Clamper and think about things like that

I will bring some desert item.

Shep......
You don't want to be digging up and transplanting anything. The tree huggers won't like that. :Just_Cuz_06:

Edited by ROGERD
  • Like 1

Yeah that's a No No!

But it would not surprise me if something sprouted up there right after we left. :-)

• Like 1

My buddy James and I will be there. Look forward to seeing everyone again...it's been a loooong summer.

• Like 1

ROGER!

My better half and I will be there, we will bring desserts, we have never been to Gold Basin and are looking forward to it.

We plan to do some metorite hunting at Franconia Mon.and Tues. on the way home

Aloha gang,

Good to hear that once again the Gold Basin Outing is being held. I wish you all a good time and hope you guys and gals find some good stuff out there. May your packs be filled with nothing but space rocks and nuggets. Aloha and as usual stay safe.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi

• Like 1

I am going to try and make it on Sat. , mostly depends on what the Docs got to say.

For the folks that have never been to Gold Basin, I made up these signs to help get you to camp. Remember this is dry camping and you must bring all your needs. also there is no fire wood to be had in the area, so if we all bring a little we should have pleanty. Make sure a respond to the poll as that is how we will plan for enough chow on Sat evening. So far the long range weather is looking real good, highs in the mid 80's and lows mid 50's, we are still a month out so this could change.

post-1609-0-04680000-1413036779_thumb.jp

Bunk,

You are making it too easy!

We always had fun hearing the stories about how people got lost and couldn't turn around.

Maybe we could point the signs in the wrong direction?

:)

Or perhaps make one of the markers a four way marker ... you then get to choose which way to go! :evil1::old: Mike F

• Like 1

Really only 16 people? Hmmmmmm find that hard to believe, please post in the poll if you are attending....

I'm already at GB

Hi Bill, I hope to be there but cannot commit at this point...

Frank, if I get there I will make a pot of my Chili-verde for the saturday potluck...

fred

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Bill:
Its a tough drive for me hauling the yoto behind the RV for 4 1/2 hrs..

Like to stay at the closer ones like Q,and LSD or Rich hill

Tom

Hi Bill,

Maurine and Harry will be here any time and Estle is already here. I won't sign up for them but I am sure they will be at the potluck. That will make 3 more.

Thanks...Roger

Roger,

Lu and I are looking forward to seeing you.

Mitchel

OK Rog and thanks, see ya Thursday

Hello Bill,

Gary and I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Mike

Cool Mike will look forward to seeing you guys.....