Nugget Shooter Forums

Google Earth Arrastra

weaver hillbille

34.3392110887, -112.770587833

Location Yavapai Cnty-12mi NNW of Rich Hill,,AZ

Want to see it up close next week? want to beep the area? want permission from the private landowner( which is very possible)?

REspond to this thread.

Will be there 10/2-10/5....

HORSEfeathers :2mo5pow:

High 80's@ 5000' when it's not raining and only in the 60's now with the gully washer it's now getting.

Here's the location of another that's w/i a 1/4 mi. It would be for lookin at, only as it's on AZ Trust land, if I am reading the Assessor's map correctly.

http://gis.yavapai.us/v4/

34.348732177, -112.76126595

Edited by weaver hillbille

:D I'll throw in lunch... THe forecast is beautiful for Peeples Valley .

Besides the possible arrastra( just 600' hike from the owner's house), there's our 43 acres just around the corner to be beeped..

WE recently had a "driveway" cut to the top of the hill that removed a good 3' of the surface..

5000' elevation.

Wednesday, October 01 wx_85.png
Sunny 77°

Saturday, October 04 wx_85.png
Sunny 86°

:D I'll throw in lunch... THe forecast is beautiful for Peeples Valley .

Besides the possible arrastra( just 600' hike from the owner's house), there's our 43 acres just around the corner to be beeped..

WE recently had a "driveway" cut to the top of the hill that removed a good 3' of the surface..

Implying that there's, unbeeped ground uncovered- goes right over a albite?/aplite?/quartz dike dike that runs for several hundred yards.

Another landmark is Weaver Peak 2ish miles to the west.

Yes, bright and shiny, too. CAn't play hooky from your day job during the week?

Yes, bright and shiny, too. CAn't play hooky from your day job during the week?

I'm not working at the moment. Got hurt at work and my employer started being a dick. Told em stick it where the sun don't shine. Just finishing moving out of my old place. Gonna prospect all winter and head north in the spring.

Edited by ArcticDave

WEll then you have no excuses :brows: Heal up quick.

Only 6 miles from MOuntainAIre MIniMart gasstation in downtown Peeples

PM to get phone if you get an itch for THurs , Friday,Sat

MIke F. would be on this but he's fishin, I hear, up yonder in Maine. He's been out there once.

ANd Bill S has seen all my Googl E/ AZGS . pics of the jointing/faulting in the WEavers and expressed interest in my worthless baubleite finds.

YOu can take some baubleite home with you should you find some in the pegmatite....

:idunno: I never have panned the creekbeds....... I wonder what a drywasher could find

Dang that sure does sound good Weaver...Just too far for me to drive...You got a big push too....easy diggins... :cry2:

Dang that sure does sound good Weaver...Just too far for me to drive...You got a big push too....easy diggins... :cry2:

RIm, At least in the downhill side "fill"from the cut to make the drive is soft. 'Spect the drive itself is a wee soft, too, due to all the rains. The soil hardens up when dry but it's gumbo when wet.

MIght get lucky enough to see some Big TOnkaToys playin "make the roads pretty". SOmetimes they breakout a D8 besides the roadgrader.

I might get backhoe in there for a culvert I "need" halfway up the hill where the dike crosses the road.

Question is: do I have him dig on the uphill or downhill side of the dike..... The dike itself will eat the backhoe unless he brings along a hammer attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, just baublite.

DAve was nice enough to drive up to an abandoned claim around the corner. Road, if you want to call it that, hadn't been rid for at least a year or more and monsoons tore it up.

We bopped around lookin' for sulphide traces and blue/grey(ish),red,purpley quartz rocks, checked out claim markers, centipedes, scorpions( dang the babies are SMALL!)