Nugget Shooter Forums

Reinstate Bedrock Bob

Caliche Chris

Hi everyone. I would like to bring up the topic of Bedrock Bob and his being banned from the forum. How long does a ban last and how much longer until Bob can come back? I love the forum and I am still on it quite a bit but I really feel like it is missing something without Bob here. He had some of the best posts on here IMO. Not only is he very knowledgeable about many of the topics on here but in addition most of his posts are very entertaining. I have been fortunate enough to be able to hang out with Bob out here in the desert quite a few times. I should be giving a percentage of my gold to him because he steered me in the right direction and ever since I've met him and followed his prospecting advice my gold production has increased dramatically. This guy definitely knows his stuff and I really think a person with that kind of knowledge, and a willingness to share it is a good thing for the forum.

Hey Chris,

Although I have never met Bob or for the matter of fact most of the members on this forum I did enjoy reading Bobs opinions about prospecting, guns, political views in which some I agreed and some I may have questioned. He had some of the most intelligent well written observations of said topics!! It's been so long since he has been on the forum, I have all ready forgotten why he was banned, but I do remember enjoying reading his opinions and his expertise on gold prospecting and mining in general.

Fred

If Bedrock Bob wants to get back on this forum let him register under a different name and see if the same problems arise but I think that they can't now because all politics are gone.

Guys Bedrock Bob does not want to be reinstated.

He has moved on to other pursuits.

He was a vibrant, brilliant and many times contentious forum member who had many followers.

Some people liked his input and some fought him with all they had.

I totally disagree with anyone who tries to say he did not add a lot to this forum.

His input was diverse, unique and thought provoking.

A person like that is an asset any online forum.

The fact that he pissed people off does not change the fact that he lent an edge to the discussions

that is mostly lacking now.

our loss imho...

I am with you,Flak! He had strong, will reasoned opinions-that is his right. he also loved to bait his opposition and they could not deal with his written skill and reasoning.

He has a fine edge to his humour that I love.

Too many people preach about freedom-of-speech but can't take the heat in a disagreement...such is life among humans.

I seen a post that indicated he made violent threats...that of course would be beyond the limits of F of S...

fred

He was also contemptuous, vile and attacked people that did not agree with his radical left wing agenda.......I trust Bill's decision to never let him back. That being said, I hope that one day we can get the off topic subject back

It was still good knowing him as a Liberal and talking to him. Keep your friends close and your Enemy closer! LOL Bed Rock helped me out more then a few times. It seems some people just can't draw the line between civil Debate and Hate. My bet is he never THUMPED on any one here. Just Words. Good God!

The decision to ban Bob was discussed by forum staff, in the end it was Bill who banned Bob after PMs between Bob and Bill, if I recall correctly, Bob pretty much told Bill he could and would do whatever he liked on Bill's forum, that was the straw that broke the camel back so to speak, what would you do if someone came to your house and told you they would do whatever they liked no matter what?? :idunno:

Bob has had many warnings, as well as those who were at odds with Bob, these warnings happened everytime the SHTF, everyone but Bob tried their best to not get out of bounds, but Bob as mentioned is great at subtly baiting those that he could get under their skin and get them going again, Bob had many chances and choose to not conform to the simple rules of this forum.

This topic was locked by a Moderator earlier in the day while I was at work and my thanks to him for doing so, nothing productive can come from the subject matter/topic, it will remain locked, Bill may or may not have some input, otherwise no reason to discuss this any longer.

290.gif

As far as getting the Off Topic or similar forum section back, I don't think it will happen, if it does it will be a decision that only Bill will make.