Nugget Shooter Forums

Sandborn Congress Maps

homefire

Can anyone out there use these?

I have Phoenix as well but too big to post on forum. If you want them, E-mail me and I can send them.

Congress+Dec.+1910,+Sheet+1.pdf

Congress+July+1901,+Sheet+1.pdf

Edited by homefire

Sanborn maps was made up by a Fire Insurance Company way back when. There all old , show building that are no longer there. Show water lines and even Poop Houses. If your a Detector kind of person other then gold , there a Gold Mine of Information.

Out houses are a Collection of all sort of stuff from Bottles, Coins even wallets. You never know. I have the Series of maps for here in Deming that get me back almost to Camp Cody. Wish they had that one.

Here are the first two pages.

Deming+Apr.+1898,+Sheet+1.pdf

Deming+Apr.+1898,+Sheet+2.pdf

Sanborn maps are a great resource for finding where the old dwelling/building/parks, etc. were!!!

Here's a link to Sanborn website and their Fire Insurance Maps, also a link to the Library Of Congress" collection of Sanborn Maps

http://www.sanborn.com/products/fims

http://www.loc.gov/collection/sanborn-maps/

Also check with public libraries and Universities libraries in your state/city, many of them have Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for that respective city/state.