Nugget Shooter Forums

Chrysoprase Poor Mans Jade

Id love to collect in Australia too!!! Planning on visiting New Zealand in a couple years..... Maybe I'll find some cool stuff there...... So jealous... Australia has soo many beautiful gems and minerals.

Edited by sarahrose

Kelly, An acquaintance of mine let loose that a local beach has "black" jade hidden in the cobbles on the beach face. I always thought of jade as being green like what you found?

Hi Kelly,

Those are nice pieces. I have found chrysoprase here in Arizona, when hunting meteorites.

I have had them confirmed by a geologist (The Arizona mineral society that sponsors the show)

at an annual gem and mineral show in Mesa. I need to get a saw to reall show them off.

Ben

Hey Ben I have a

Hi Kelly,

Those are nice pieces. I have found chrysoprase here in Arizona, when hunting meteorites.

I have had them confirmed by a geologist (The Arizona mineral society that sponsors the show)

at an annual gem and mineral show in Mesa. I need to get a saw to reall show them off.

Ben

Hey Ben I have an 18" saw if you ever want to bring anything over to cut. I would love to see some local chrysoprase. I've only heard of one location in Arizona but never went to check it out.

Funny that was just brought up. Mike Greyshock visited my studio 2 days ago and brought a nice , actually very nice chunk of very clean almost facet grade crysophase with him. That is sure some beautiful material and easy to work with.

Edited by El Dorado

Hi Haderly,

Yes, I would jump at the chance to have some cut. I have been told on several occasions, that

there is no Chrysoprase in Arizona, and yet this material has been identified by geologists as just that.

When I hunted the area for meteorites, I filled my pockets with the stuff.

Ben

Edited by Regmaglitch

Hi D Day,

Thanks. Finally, someone else that knows it doesn't all come from Australia. There were people at the Tucson Show

that were INSISTENT that it had to come from Australia. The Plomosa District is not where I found mine, but it was in the desert.

Ben