Nugget Shooter Forums

Live Science - Flu Shot Facts & Side Effects

Gaius

From Live Science 09/19/2014 - Flu Shot Facts & Side Effects (Updated for 2014-2015)

The seasonal flu shot is a yearly vaccine administered to protect against the flu, or influenza. In the United States, flu shots are recommended for everyone ages 6 months and older, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The flu can be a very serious illness, especially in young children, adults ages 65 and over, those with underlying health conditions, and pregnant women.

Full Story - http://www.livescience.com/40279-flu-shot-information.html

Remember - The 5 P's: Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Prospecting

Cheers, Beers, & Gold

Chuck

KG6SYX

:old:

Fact! While in the USAF, I was forced to take the shot every Year. Fact, Every year two weeks later I got sic as a dog for three or four days, Fact I did this crap for 11 years, Fact, I got out in 1990 and have not had the shot and have not been sick sense. Go figure? After I told them it made me sick they always say NO IT CAN'T. It's a dead Virus. If it was not the Flu Shot then what was they putting in it that made me Sick?

Last flu shot I got was when I was in the military over 30 years ago. I get a fever twice a year just like clock work due to the seasonal changes (hot to cold, cold to hot) and it usually only lasts for a just few hours while I sweat it out. I drink two cups of coffee, and 1 1/2 gallons of tea flavored water each day along with about 3 lemons. Haven't been to a doctor in over 30 years. I rarely eat fried foods. Most all meals containing meats are either grilled or baked.

Bottom line… If a person eats right and drinks plenty of fluids each day, you will rarely if ever get sick. :112:

My flu shot is raw garlic and onions :4chsmu1: Haven't had a shot in ages and can't remember when the flu grabbed me by the booboo........................

......................................................................................................................

Things to consider before getting a shot........

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/22/flu-vaccine-effectiveness.aspx

"By Dr. Mercola

Did you know that during the 2012-2013 flu season, the flu vaccine's effectiveness was found to be just 56 percent across all age groups reviewed by the CDC —in essence, the statistical equivalent of a coin toss. In seniors, aged 65 and over, the US flu vaccines were only
nine percent
effective

The 'gold standard' of independent scientific evaluation and analysis, the
Cochrane Database Review
, has issued no less than five reports between 2006 and 2010, all of which decimate the myth that flu vaccinations are “the most effective flu prevention method” available.

In average conditions, when a flu vaccine at least partially matches the circulating virus, 100 people need to be vaccinated in order to avoid just ONE set of influenza symptoms, according to Cochrane’s findings.

Yet as another flu season approaches, all these facts are wholly ignored by conventional medicine and media alike, and you’ll certainly never see them mentioned in any flu vaccine promotion campaign.....(big snip)"

I have never had a flu shot and can't recall ever having the flu that I knew of, I have had a few bad colds over the years but usually only once every 3 years or so, if that, also I have never missed a day at work due to illness.

I also haven't been to a doctor in many, many years, other than to get a stitch or two for bad cuts.

Okay inquiring minds want to know, how do you define "booboo"?

:D

It's around your C .G.: nausea,devil ache in the low back, and butt ache from the runs.

I completely agree. I have not had the flu since I stopped getting the Flu-shot about 5 years ago. I work in health care

and had an employer that made the flu-shot mandatory because of that strain that had come out of Mexico. Instead, I got

the "pneumo-vax" shot, which is good for five years. So when they said I had to have their shot, I asked - when someone

dies of the flu, they die of pneumonia, if I am innoculated against pneumonia, why do I need a flu shot? So they gave me an

exemption every year after that. Besides, a lot of people that took that flu shot, got Guillain-Barre Syndrome - not worth the

risk.

Ben

ALWAYS get the shot,new quadvalent shot takes care of the type that hits in march/springtime. No hastles,no illness,no excuses just good health and no bfd. I know many dozens of folks who also partake and none of these horror stories will stop them.Anything that keeps me mining is done -John

I have to agree with Au Seeker ... haven't seen a doc in almost 5 years now ... since my last colonoscopy! Have never taken a flu shot and don't expect I ever will. First I hate needles ... More importantly I don't get sick very often and when I do it is just the sniffles and a light cough ... gone in a few days using a few doses a day 'Emergen-C' and copious quantities of plain water.

I get a flu shot and see my doctor every year (Doc visits to renew my gout membership) and as a rule he has given me heads up on few things I need to work on. I've known a few folks who either didn't see a doctor or saw one so little I wonder why they went at all, and down the road these folks wish they had done things differently. At 62 I've run 15K and several 10K races, plan to hike up Mt Baldy again and work the blankly blankly of the claims this year. Come next year when I'm 63 I'll do it all over again.

Fact! While in the USAF, I was forced to take the shot every Year. Fact, Every year two weeks later I got sic as a dog for three or four days, Fact I did this crap for 11 years, Fact, I got out in 1990 and have not had the shot and have not been sick sense. Go figure? After I told them it made me sick they always say NO IT CAN'T. It's a dead Virus. If it was not the Flu Shot then what was they putting in it that made me Sick?

Now THATS funny!

Exact same thing happened with me. I used to dread when they

told us we had to go get the flu shot.

And, like you say, after I got out and didn't have to get it anymore...Hardly sick at all.

Tom H.

I caught the bug last winter, Scarry stuff. I have never had my lungs compromised like that from the flu. I'll get a flu shot every year now. Not worth the risk and it makes you feel really stupid to get that sick when it could be prevented.

:brows: Got the shot 2 days ago and not even sore hahahaha so much do do about nuttn' . Although one a my buds girlfriends won't have sex with him for a month afterwards because she is skitzo paranoid about mercury poisoning :th::ROFL::grr01: and not even blonde-John

Homefire, it's the different strains, I think I got a taste of the H1N1 or a variant. When you lungs start filling up with fluids you get a bit worried and then realize you could have taken a shot to possibly have prevented it in the first place. I never get the flu but I did and it was NASTY. I hope nobody gets that strain, you'll know when you do.

I think I had the same Geo around 2000. I was in Atlanta, Georgia at the time. Of all times to get sick away from home. I honestly thought I was going to die. What's weird, it was around August/September. Will never forget how bad it was. I didn't have a thermometer with me but i'm guessing 104 fever for like 2 or 3 days. Popped aspirin and drank orange juice like it was going out of style...man it was rough.

I think I had the same Geo around 2000. I was in Atlanta, Georgia at the time. Of all times to get sick away from home. I honestly thought I was going to die. What's weird, it was around August/September. Will never forget how bad it was. I didn't have a thermometer with me but i'm guessing 104 fever for like 2 or 3 days. Popped aspirin and drank orange juice like it was going out of style...man it was rough.

A persons lifestyle has a lot to do with it. You being in ATL at the beginning of the school year--- everybody coming home from places all over the world thru an airport that is the busiest in the world--- I suspect we would curl up into a fetal position and hide in a dark place if we had vision that spotted all the bugs around us.

Outside of bad arthritis in my knees and hips I'm fairly healthy so I don't get the shot. Anyone with any underlying conditions or in higher risk groups probably should.