Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skunked

Old Gold bug compared to the GB2

I have been looking for this answer with no sucess so I'll put it out here.

What freq does the original GB run on, compared to the GB2 and GB pro? I know it detects gold much better than my MXT< but was wondering what the differences were beteen the different Gold bug models.

I much prefer my GB2 for it's stability and as a tried and true ol'friend. I will never part with it as a great crumb finder especially with my tiny coil.John :D

Just saw a GB2 in the classifieds here...

Wonder why the spread of frequencies between them? That is quite the spread. Can I assume the the high 70's ish freq would qork better than the lower freqs?

Wonder why the spread of frequencies between them? That is quite the spread. Can I assume the the high 70's ish freq would qork better than the lower freqs?

The higher frequencies are better for small gold, but will still find larger gold, the lower frequencies is better for larger gold, it's all in what you need for the area that's being worked.

Does anybody know how the gold bug 2 compares to the original gold bug as far as stability? I have a very old original gold bug and its very sensitive but hard to keep ground balanced and difficult to use in areas with hot rocks and alot of mineralization.

Almost if not all VLF gold detectors will give you problems in areas of high mineralization and or hot rocks, that's why most use pulse induction detectors in these areas.

Yeah I know it's kind of nature of the beast with vlfs, ive used a whites gmt and a lobo st and both were much more stable than my original gold bug, im jist curious if the gold bug 2 is more like the lobo as far as stability.

The gb2 is way easier to use than the gb...best thing is turn the sensitivity down!!!

fred

Thanks fred, I had a feeling that was the case. I often have to turn sensitivity way down on the gb, to the point I lose most depth just to be able to run it.

My experience with both machines was you have to keep your finger on the ground-balance and constantly adjust it. As I recall anything over 75% was pushing the stability too far for me. I never felt I was losing much depth...I found a1/2 oz nugget that was at least 12" deep, maybe more, but it was just a whisper too start.

Some of the real good operators can run those things flat-out...way too much for this simple soul.

fred

Original gold bug for sale craigslist Redding calif for $325 if ya know anyone who wants one-John