Nugget Shooter Forums

Monday's Flooding

Anyone thinking of hunting any desert or dry lakes near Las Vegas, or Phoenix, will be waiting

a while til things dry out from yesterday's deluge. We had more than four inches of rain here

at my house. If I had enough scrap lumber, I'd have built an arc.....

Ben

It was enough to declare an official "State of Emergency". Almost every highway and freeway closed.

Most schools closed. Flooding and power outages everywhere. There were even some young dudes

airing out their Jet-Ski's in a local, normally bone-dry, retention basin! There were seas of mud in many

streets due to washes overflowing and transferring the landscaping from the boulevards to homes and

offices. On the positive side, this sort of erosion also UNcovers nuggets, and meteorites in some areas.

Ben

Wow, not sure how I''d handle 4" of rain . That's just incredible.

It'snot over yet, watching some strong cells approaching the Bradshaws /WIckenburg from the SW.

NOrbert did fizzle, though( at least for the SAN DIEGO Desert :evil1: ) and barely registered .01" in the :grr01: heaviest rainfall areas.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx