Nugget Shooter Forums

Too wet to drywash, and too dry to highbank…

azblackbird

1st - Couple of Beers

2nd - Metal Detecting - One of the metal detecting sites (I think Fisher) said no one seem to know why but metal detectors work a bit better with wet soil.

That's a nice set up, I made a recirculating highbanker but I can't pack enough water to run it for very long, it works a lot better when I have some puddles in the creek. I will probably make a smaller one one of these days to keep gold fever at bay while it's too wry to drywash.

My partner and I are fortunate to have spot remote enough to leave that equipment set up for extended periods. And it is accessible by 4X4 pickup so we can haul water right to it. The fact that the gear was located in one spot probably led to us working too much in one area and not doing more exploring and sampling. When it is dry enough we do get to other places and dry wash. Just not as much as we should have in our opinion.

The fact that the gear was located in one spot probably led to us working too much in one area and not doing more exploring and sampling.

Thanks for the heads up and subtle reminder Stan. Me thinks before I start humping in the heavy equipment, I'd better have one hellava spot sampled out to make it worth my while. I've read way too many tales of somebody finding a few specks of gold in and area, then spending the next year or two digging in that spot only to find a few more specks. I'm not going to be one of those guys. Life is too short, and there are way too many high producing areas out there yet to be discovered.