Nugget Shooter Forums

Border Security ?

adam

Saw this Job posting for a Law Enforcement Park Ranger in Organ Pipe National Monument

Pay: 21.28/hr

Job Duties:

This is a seasonal, full-time Park Ranger (Law Enforcement) position at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. The incumbent will be responsible for the full range of front and backcountry law enforcement duties in a high intensity drug trafficking area (HIDTA), and all risk operations including EMS, SAR and wild-land fire. The incumbent will hike extensively in extreme conditions. The incumbent will maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the park's natural and cultural resources and of the extensive body of specific laws and regulations pertaining to the protection and use of those resources. The incumbent will gain knowledge of complex criminal operations that occur along the international border. This is a team oriented position and operation. The incumbent will be heavily involved in tactical operations along the international border.

Just thought it was interesting...... Makes me not even want to visit the area...

Edited by adam

"The incumbent will hike extensively in extreme conditions. The incumbent will maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the park's natural and cultural resources and of the extensive body of specific laws and regulations pertaining to the protection and use of those resources."

Translation: If you see a large group of mexicans humping backpacks full of mary jane, leave them the f**k alone and wish them a good day. If you see coyotes with a large group of mexican women and kids following them through the desert, once again… leave them the f**k alone, give them some water and food and point them toward the CA border or to the Phoenix area.

If you see a bunch of white people out shooting, hunting, off-roading, or gold prospecting... it is your duty to arrest them, confiscate their guns, detectors, vehicles and charge them to the fullest extent of the law. :grr01:

Quoted for truth!

A good number of federal job announcements are like this one. What happens is you'll get a number of responses that made it thru the office of personnel management (OPM) for your review and individual interviews with the most qualified. What defines "most qualified" is driven by the responses you receive and some I reviewed didn't even come close to meeting the job description. If none of the individual qualify you can return all the responses and repost the job announcement. Most likely you would accept someone with a 4 year degree (almost any degree), with good people and communication skills; in this case if they speak Spanish all the better. The reasoning is you train the individual to meet the job duties.

Scary......and shame on our government for not protecting our border. My brother in law and sister in law who live in Germany went on one of their vacations....they get like 6 weeks every year. So on this one they booked three countries..Lithuania, Latvia and Russia...yes Russia, St Petersberg. They went to Latvia, and Lithuania...next stop three days in St.Petersberg. They get to the border ..border agents request papers....they see they are from Germany..they declined entry because of sanctions Germany applied .....second thing they said was ...perhaps if Germany did not participate in the sanctions against us we would allow you to enter our country. They also stressed that if they ever wish to come back they have to leave within the days allowed by visa if they don't they will never be allowed to return. My point being is....no country has such a porous border...as we do. When you travel abroad you are required to follow rules...if not..well good luck... " I am an American " won't help you much. So why the H-ll can't we not secure our border????

Simple answer ... It costs money and those that come across end up voting for the current administration because of all the perks ... read that freebies that you and I pay taxes to support. Makes you want to form a militia and do what the Feds can't or won't! Just my humble but simple opinion in a nut shell.

Mike F

Scary......and shame on our government for not protecting our border. My brother in law and sister in law who live in Germany went on one of their vacations....they get like 6 weeks every year. So on this one they booked three countries..Lithuania, Latvia and Russia...yes Russia, St Petersberg. They went to Latvia, and Lithuania...next stop three days in St.Petersberg. They get to the border ..border agents request papers....they see they are from Germany..they declined entry because of sanctions Germany applied .....second thing they said was ...perhaps if Germany did not participate in the sanctions against us we would allow you to enter our country. They also stressed that if they ever wish to come back they have to leave within the days allowed by visa if they don't they will never be allowed to return. My point being is....no country has such a porous border...as we do. When you travel abroad you are required to follow rules...if not..well good luck... " I am an American " won't help you much. So why the H-ll can't we not secure our border????

That was kinda what I was getting at...If our border was secure, then any of the above red highlighted text would not be there....There``s even a lot of nugget ground down there that I would be more comfortable detecting if I knew my States border was secure, and I was safe to do so..