Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Posted at Lynx Creek area....

Adios in 10 minutes with a hacksaw or a good tug with my truck tow strap. Close this-close that, such bs--by what law as explaination is mandatory-along with public hearings as ONLY mining closed and all others users free to do whatever they want *&^%$ :2mo5pow: John

• Like 2

You`ve got to be kidding me.......

More advertising for the Vintage Garrett detector

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

Hi Bill,

Where along Lynx Creek was this sign posted? I knew that they had a "recreational " zone that they allowed detectors, panning, and

hand tools, that was withdrawn from being claimed. That sign in the photo tells me they have withdrawn land from ANY kind of recreational

mining. What resources are they protecting? Please tell me it's a small area.

Ben

Not sure exactly where Ben, it was sent to me today and they said near the ruins area..... Once one is up more are sure to follow.

Sick.

I don't see the issue. The sign clear means no unattended metal detectors and no kneeling while panning.

• Like 2

I don't see the issue. The sign clear means no unattended metal detectors and no kneeling while panning.

Or maybe it means do cleaning your dinner plate in the creek. :)

• Like 1

Based on that picture it looks like that sign has been there for a long time. The sign may be located around the South entrance into the lake, and probably pertains to the old settlement and / or the small Indian ruins located in that area. There is also an Indian ruin located down steam below the dam (which is located above (up hill) from the withdraw area) where it may also be located. I metal detect that Lynx Creek area often (all the way down stream from Fain lake, up stream to the Bannie mine road, and even outside of the withdraw area), and have never seen any sign like that in the last 10-years.

Deer season is almost here, it's a new target to sight your rifle in on.

Mark

I used to detect a lot upstream and downstream from the old rip-rap dam, and never saw any signs, let alone one like that.

Ben

Good one!!!!!

I heard this from my wife a couple days ago, she's on Facebook and some prospecting group there posted the same picture. They were saying the BLM is closing Rose Creek, and portions of Lynx Creek including the Bannie Mine area.

All this due to large unfilled dig holes, so they say.

Personaly,I couldn't find any info online about this, it might just be a ploy by the people who want to close those areas.

The sign doesnt look totally legit either, there is no referance number to the code being enforced and I have never seen an official forest service or BLM sign mounted on a fence post like that. Probably some wacko making his own signs and posting them and spreading rumors.

Come to think of it I have seen those fence posts put in a couple tiny side roads around Lynx within the last year that block access. Usualy when they close those trails they use the thin flat brown bendy signs. Not fence posts with spray paint and installed at different heights.

This same crap was happening around Breckenridge, CO when I lived up there. People blocking roads and making fake signs. These crazy's are every where!

• Like 2

Doesnt say anything about target practice or sighting in a scope. I've got a .30-.30 That I bought at yard sale and have never fired a shell through it yet.. I think it needs sighting in. Targets kinda small but with enough practice

This troubles me a great deal. I have no plans to go to Lynx Creek but I would like to meet the person who ordered that sign to be put up.

"Resource protection"???

The "resource" is the activity of recreating be it hiking, metal detecting, panning or whatever.

Edited by Dakota Slim

Not to be a 'stick in the mud' ... old term that the younger guys may never have heard of ... but shooting at signs ... legally placed or not ... just brings bad press and more signs to our profession/hobby as miners and the land we like to hunt! Knock it off! :old:

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Good one!!!!!

I heard this from my wife a couple days ago, she's on Facebook and some prospecting group there posted the same picture. They were saying the BLM is closing Rose Creek, and portions of Lynx Creek including the Bannie Mine area.

You got me doing some 'research' and this picture is from a Facebook source. When I tried to track it to the source before that my search led me to other links which said that something hosted there was malware. The 'removal tool' for this malware was said to be malwarebytes. I am scanning my computer now even tho I have other products.

Go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and try the free scan. You can try a premium version ($$$) for free but I unchecked this option for now.

Just as with metal detecting, sometimes you find things you are not looking for.

Mitchel

Edited by mn90403

Good one!!!!!

Personaly,I couldn't find any info online about this, it might just be a ploy by the people who want to close those areas.

The sign doesnt look totally legit either, there is no referance number to the code being enforced and I have never seen an official forest service or BLM sign mounted on a fence post like that. Probably some wacko making his own signs and posting them and spreading rumors.

Come to think of it I have seen those fence posts put in a couple tiny side roads around Lynx within the last year that block access. Usualy when they close those trails they use the thin flat brown bendy signs. Not fence posts with spray paint and installed at different heights.

This same crap was happening around Breckenridge, CO when I lived up there. People blocking roads and making fake signs. These crazy's are every where!

Rose creek is all on private property except about 1/2 mile that is on State land. The BLM can't close private or State property. The owners of Rose creek have been nice enough to allow public prospecting there for many years.

The BLM is not the manager on Lynx creek, the Forest Service is on the portions that are not private property, so I doubt the story being passed around has any basis in fact.

A sign like that used to be near the ruins above the public prospecting area. It was missing the last few times I was there. The picture has been worked - probably in photoshop, it has a reduced colorset and has increased saturation. I couldn't find any hidden code or malware in it.

More than likely it's an old picture with a BS story attached. Not unusual in the fantasy world of the internet. If anyone has any verifiable first hand information about this I would be interested to hear it.

I agree with Mike f, not to mention more unnecessary shell casings and lead to find while illegally beeping near the no beeping sign.

Rose creek is all on private property except about 1/2 mile that is on State land. The BLM can't close private or State property. The owners of Rose creek have been nice enough to allow public prospecting there for many years.

The BLM is not the manager on Lynx creek, the Forest Service is on the portions that are not private property, so I doubt the story being passed around has any basis in fact.

A sign like that used to be near the ruins above the public prospecting area. It was missing the last few times I was there. The picture has been worked - probably in photoshop, it has a reduced colorset and has increased saturation. I couldn't find any hidden code or malware in it.

More than likely it's an old picture with a BS story attached. Not unusual in the fantasy world of the internet. If anyone has any verifiable first hand information about this I would be interested to hear it.

The sign, if real does have a USFS emblem on it.

It would be nice for a first hand look by someone close to there, to verify if the sign is for real and new or older!

If I get a chance to go tomorrow I will look at the public panning area and off Bannie Mine Road. If not then for sure when I return to AZ next Thursday ... going to be in CO for the Labor Day long weekend. I go right now but we just had a horrendous rain, thunder and hail storm come through and another is expected. My shooting range is under about a foot and a half of water ... and now the rain has started again. Should be able to wash some over burden away if other areas are getting this same storm ... thinking of Lynx Creek in particular.