Nugget Shooter Forums

Heading to Lynx Lake is there running water?

KingmanDave

Heading up to do some panning the first week on Sept. Just wandering if anyone knows if there is water flowing in the creek?

Edited by KingmanDave

It was but has slowed down a lot ... Give it a few more days of no rain and you will just have an occasional pool of water to pan in. Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Some serious weather blew thru Yavapai cnty, yesterday.. Was watching some cells( radar was red and yellow :yesss: ) which indicate pretty heavy downpour. It looked to be hitting DAte, northern part of the Weaver's, Skull VAlley/Kirkland and NE/E from there.

It hit Prescott Valley where I live with a vengeance ... Hail, wind, lightning and lots of water. The dips in the road getting in here where the signs say don't go if flooded ... well those areas were flooded for the first time since I moved here three years ago. Would have taken pictures but I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me driving home from downtown.

Point being I'm sure Lynx has a few drops of water for the weekend!

Mike F

Dave ... Just got back from the public panning area ... left turn just about a 1/4 mile from the 1 mile marker post ... had to go to Costco anyway ... so I just went up the road a bit to see if there was any water. Yup ... water is flowing crystal clear ... at least down stream from the lake. I have to assume that it is running into the lake as well up by Bannie Mine Road.

Thanks all for the help. Looking forward to a few days of panning. Great week of vacation ahead first the Coconino County Fair then Lynx lake to pan. Good times for all.