Nugget Shooter Forums

Golden Treasure

adam

Been reading this book.....

001_zpsaa52e93e.jpg

Its interesting that most of the stories have the same outcomes...either someone died and took the secret with them or the discoverers couldn`t find the same location of the treasure or placer again ...Regardless, there are some fascinating stories in this book and they are fun to read...

Along the same lines...whenever you go to a tourist attraction it is either haunted or someone buried a treasure in the cave and never found it again :)
Kind of like the story about 20,000 worth of gold coming out of school house gulch and then...hmmm...20,000 coming out of the area below the stone cabin at Howards copper mine? :)
Lots of stories out there.

Tom H.

Seems every time I go out hunting I leave a buried treasure :4chsmu1: , j/k Adam... Those books are entertaining to read.

Dave

With all my reading on the high grade ore coming from the Superstition I never heard of a hoard of gold bars, jewels, and statues located up high on Weavers Needle until today. So says it was placed in a cave and sealed off by the spaniards....

Here's just about every story you'll ever read on missing treasure in Arizona. 140 of them in short version form. Of course there are many other tales that were left unsaid i'm sure.

http://www.losttreasureusa.com/StateTreasures/StateTreasuresARIZONA.htm

Adam I liked the waterfall gold tale because it would be easy pickens if you could just find that waterfall that drops 22 feet...but I bet it's already been found.

Seems every time I go out hunting I leave a buried treasure :4chsmu1: , j/k Adam... Those books are entertaining to read.

Dave

Ha ha Dave, I`m always cautious when digging a target that's already in disturbed ground :grr01:

Rimshot, yea I like that one and the hidden indian placer in the Little Horn Mts.....Im still reading them as I have the time...