Nugget Shooter Forums

21 nuggets with the SDC 2300

Reno Chris

So the other day I took my SDC 2300 to a location in California which I hadn't visited in a couple years - eve though its not hard to get to - because the last few times I'd been there it was a skunk. I got started and I hadn't been detecting even 5 minutes when I dug the first target was a little nugget. The second target was a nugget as well. I've only been able to re-work a small part of this area as I keep digging more little nuggets and I don't want to walk away when there are still golden targets to be dug. I was shocked to see how much gold was just sitting there in a spot I know I have gone over before at least a couple times. So in about 7 hours detecting, I have 21 nuggets with a total weight of 3 dwt, just over a tenth of an ounce. Yah, they are small, but lots of fun to dig. The largest of these, a 0.8 gram piece, gave a strong down-up tone. Its just surprising to me when I see how small a nugget gives a down-up tone. You can see these nuggets are very rough and have not traveled far. This spot is a lot more interesting now that its yielding a bunch of little gold. I am sure I will be digging more.

• Like 1

No big deal Chris as those who are perfect do absolutely nothing and ya sure been doing plenty. Nice shine,speaks volumes about that unit,thanx. It's righteous when old beat to death patches turn productive again with new technology :yesss: -John

Here is the pic - it was left off by accident.

Good for you! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

How many inches down where these nuggets? And what where the soil conditions like such as lots of iron, black sand, dry wet and so on?

Edited by Gaius

No big deal Chris as those who are perfect do absolutely nothing and ya sure been doing plenty. Nice shine,speaks volumes about that unit,thanx. It's righteous when old beat to death patches turn productive again with new technology :yesss: -John

<<<<~~~~Perfect and work my butt off...lol Am kinda wondering what a drywasher would do where you are working Chris ?

How many inches down where these nuggets? And what where the soil conditions like such as lots of iron, black sand, dry wet and so on?

The nuggets were around 1 to 6 inches down, the smaller ones were the shallower ones of course. Conditions are the banks and benches of a stream that is dry this time of year at that location. Moderate amounts of iron in the soil, lots of hot rocks that make using a VLF tough. Some trash, but not loads.

Am kinda wondering what a drywasher would do where you are working Chris ?

Actually took my dry washer out today, spent most of the time detecting, but did test out the dry washer. Got about a half gram in around 90 minutes Dry washing from a spot where I dug 2 grams with the detector.