Nugget Shooter Forums

No mo water

Steel Pan

Not enough water flow to do much of anything now,

so I pulled all my equip out of the stream bed yesterday.

Put it all away for the winter. :cry2:

Sooo, now what? :idunno:

I'll get out my GB and walk the dry stream bed. :brows:

"Never give up, never surrender!" :old:

Every time I scan stream beds with my GB2 I am amazed at the amount of trash that comes out. Mostly fishing related but in spots the bottom is heavy with nails. Hope you find some nuggets though. If so, please share some pics!

I'd try using a Dip-Box which is useful where water is sparse. A dip box is simply a short sluice that is mounted on legs and the slope depends on the height of the front legs and the hind legs. A screen is placed over the head of the dip-box to handle classifying of gravel. Gravel added and a bucket or other used to add the water and wash the gravel down the dip-box. The material runs down the dip-box slope concentrating the gold inside the box.

I do have a small sluice I could use, but with the water gone I just

can't resist doin' some beepin' on the bottom. Not much activity

in this stream since the Chinese left hundred or so yrs ago.

Once in a while I come up with a square nail or two, but there's

just gotta be a few pan clunkers layin' around. :brows:

Just spent 3 days in trinity and shasta county lookn' at mudholes-formerly shasta/trinity lakes. Never seen all the creeks bone dry or purt near dry up here. Running water is indeed a luxury this year. Trinity river being ruined by Retardation program with 100s a signs-NO ACCESS-NO TRESSPASSING-STAY OUT OF THE WATER :th: even signs in the water. Will post pix but tooo tired from 3 days a work to download/edit but insanity rules for sure-John

SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE SIGNS DO THIS DON'T DO THAT CAN'T YA READ THE SIGNS. Sic pic from Dutch Creek brigde outta Junction City as the BLM mines the river,steals the gold and calls it a reclaimation project. Tear out all the indigeneous trees and bushes and plant a anal plant that dies every year sic sic sic. River? what river? we ain't got no stinkn' river as backhoes,graders and dump trucks destroy it all. YAAAAAA bureaucracy NOT.John

post-23710-0-24523900-1408712165_thumb.j

post-23710-0-43578900-1408712313_thumb.j

post-23710-0-91945500-1408712687_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

I'd try using a Dip-Box which is useful where water is sparse. A dip box is simply a short sluice that is mounted on legs and the slope depends on the height of the front legs and the hind legs. A screen is placed over the head of the dip-box to handle classifying of gravel. Gravel added and a bucket or other used to add the water and wash the gravel down the dip-box. The material runs down the dip-box slope concentrating the gold inside the box.

What did you describe is similar to rocker box , right ? but without the rocking action :D