Nugget Shooter Forums

Thediggings.com

DolanDave

Don't know if this has been posted. Kind of like LR-2000, but what I love about this site, it shows you all current and non active mining claims, lodes, placer, ect. Every time you move the map, you have to hit show nearby mines tab at the bottom again to refresh.

http://thediggings.com/

Dave

Sorry Dolan,

One look at the site and I found inaccurate claim boundaries ( similar to geocommunicator), claims that exist but aren't listed, claims that are closed and still listed...looks to be about 4 years behind on some information. Lots of bad information there....Sorry man , but its the truth....I wouldn't use this as a research tool

Adam,

Was just looking at it, clicking on several active lode mines, showing a yearly maintenance fee of $280 paid status in 2014, seems pretty current to me. Looked at an active mine that I know of, in Mohave County, AZ. and it is right on showing the claim on the map. So far I haven't seen anything wrong, but Im sure theres mistakes. I know LR-2000 was not accurate at all, and Im sure that's where they are getting a lot of their data.

Dave

Edited by DolanDave

Yo Dave... I researched a bunch of mines that I know exist, are active and current and NONE of them came up ... Whomever has the site has a buttload of work left to do ... LR2000 is a whole lot easier and far more accurate ... Bummer, 'cause it's a good idea, but seems to have been put together really sloppy ... Cheers, Unc

Actually, I have found that the LR2000 is pretty accurate lately....Its kind of cool... :brows:

I pulled up two particular sections on the diggings site that I know has 7 active claims,, and it only showed one.. however upon further investigation you can input the claim name and it seems to pull the data .....definitely can not rely on the mapping data though.....to confusing and risky for me......sorry man , just sayin