Nugget Shooter Forums

Flash Flooding At Gold Basin?

Dakota Slim

Hasn't been any flooding at the basin for about 100 years :old:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Shep would be able to confirm this. :-)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:laught16::laught16::laught16:

Good one Blake!

Frankie, I think you missed your calling. You shoulda been a weatherman. :th_rain-umbrella:

Edited by Dakota Slim

He may look old :old: but Shep is just a kid yet -- BUT I believe he did :alcoholic: take a wrong turn :yikes::th_panic: and got stuck in one of those washes :2mo5pow::hiker: on his way to an outing a few years back.

AND, just recently Frank himself :miner: told me NOT to park my rig by the highway at the Gold Basin turnoff because it "always floods". :th_rain-umbrella:

Edited by Dakota Slim

That was Stockton Hill Rd commin out of Kingman towards Gold Basin last year when the Oriental bus driver thought there was an outboard on the bus too :ROFL:
Funny thing about storms in the area its kinda like Florida it can be pouring where your standin but across the street it aint rainin.

Edited by frank c
  • Like 1

Also if your using a minelab PI, it has another all around mode for floods, a built in advanced audible alert. I believe this mode is codenamed "FART" flood approaching rain thunder. Count the seconds when u hear the wooooweee, to the thunder sound a few times to see if it's getting closer. Don't confuse it with the FART sound :)

In 2007 while in the Basin a small storm cell moved in and turned nasty. After about 2 inches fell on me at the north end I knew it was time to bale. On the way out 3 inches or better had fallen and all washes were running with the big water to follow.

2 trucks were in tribs on the east side of the Hualapai with water to there windows. I stopped to talk to grader operators and they said lets get the hell out. We got out that day and were very lucky, many residents had to hike out on the south end when the flows receded. The Hideout was closed at Pierce Ferry for 5 days and some subdivision roads have still not been repaired. 5+ inches that day. :m2c:

Wayne