Nugget Shooter Forums

I wanted to know if I charge my GPX battery while driveing will it hurt the battery.Manual says to not start the engine while battery is connected.Any one have any problems. :arrowheadsmiley:

Edited by Hobby

That's the only way I have ever charged mine in years. Never any problems. Just sit the battery upright for charging. Leave plenty of widows open so it doesn't get to hot in the car.

I always plug mine into the power outlet after starting the motor....most of the time I forget to unplug it in town and still no problems with starting the motor while the battery is plugged in.

I guess as long as the motor is running your not going to kill the car battery in the middle of no where. I only got the one battery and hope to get 8-10 hours between charges,,,newer battery. Hobby

I am not sure but I think those directions were written before the advent of dedicated 12v outlets...I often forget to unplug my charger when I start my car. Even back when my cars didnot have a dedicated 12v I never had a problem.

Of course Minelab has to idiot-proof their directions for the sake of liability...

fred