Nugget Shooter Forums

Last night I was lookn' for books for AnMT and found the lil'ol'nasty tracker put on my truck. Much different clear acrylic style and as small as a hazelnut. I'll get a pic today and add to this thread. Cost me a dredge last year ,slimy dogs. :evil1: John

Found under the railing inside my campershell glued in place. The steps they take are indeed sickening,be it bureauratz,environutz or theives them dogs are doing ANYTHANG now-err on the side a caution and keep your eyes open-John

post-23710-0-18706600-1406209512_thumb.j

post-23710-0-64262700-1406209655_thumb.j

Dang that is small

The first one shown was the same style tracking device that the little used car places install on the vehicles they sell. They install them just in case you don't pay for the car. My brother inlaw had one like that on his.

Finally got a reply from I Spy folks,seems to be a Fish/Game most favored toy. The smaller they are the more expensive as capabilities are variable. That lil'ol'devil I found has audio for gods sake also so REALLY dangerous. Stay ever vigilant-John

Have your found a way to "track the tracker"

Could be along the lines of the IRS (phony) scandal.

Patrick .....

I would think any government agency would need a warrant to install one of those things. Sorry to hear someone tapped your truck(s). I've mentioned this situation to my wife a couple of times, meet up with some active detectorist at an outing and figure which one has the most potential and bam, tagged and tracking.

Easy enough to do and it seems I wasn't far off in thinking so.

Do a search on ebay for small gps tracker, they are pretty small, and cheap nowadays. Cheaper to buy one of these, track a successful hunter, than to spend time and money looking for a place yourself.

Dave

Im shocked. I've got spme experience with satcom. It's come a long way to be able to xmit from undernesth a car to a satellite using such a smalll device. My satellite radio wont receive when i drive under a tree.

For such a small device to work on a satellite just makes me feel like I'm behind the times.

If you find one on your truck, put it on mine and they can track the skunk.

Place it on the underside of a semi trailer.

That way they get to tour the country. :4chsmu1:

I expect the trend to increase, mostly for

"official" survailance. Ya know, tracking

"undesireables". :brows:

GeoJack ... I'm shocked ... You still think the Government is going to follow the rules and get a warrant ... not likely ... in fact if they want to track someone it is very unlikely! Just pickin' on you a bit ... hopefully no offense taken ... none intended! :)

Mike F

• Like 1

Hi Jack,

You are right. They need jurisdiction. They need probable cause, They need a warrant

from a sitting judge in a LAWFUL jurisdiction. Three strikes - they're out!

Ben

Mike, no problem, they would only need the search warrant IF they wanted to use the information in court. ;-)

Also, they are tracking us right now. If you use ANY electronic device except for a light bulb,

they

know

about

it

And lo I thought the Humphrey Bogart character in Treasure of the Sierra Madre was as extreme a case as gold fever looney can get. But they didn't have a gps system back in those days.

If you think the gps units are to fear, I know it has been posted here before but beware of posting images from your smart phone as well. GPS embedded.

Cameras gps enabled too now as seen quite a few hidey hole pix posted and looked like ww2 bomb craters within a few weeks when folks went back sic sic arse world-John

Yes GPS is now a part of everyday life, take the time to learn how to disable the GPS on your phone and or cameras when necessary so your locations can be kept safe/secret!!

It's important to know that the gps can be disabled on a smartphone.

On an iPhone, open "Settings" and then "Privacy" then "Location Services."

Under "Location Services" is a list of Applications that can be tracked with gps.

You can either turn off "Location Services" completely, or individually turn off the App's you don't want "Location Services" to track.

One of these is "Camera."

I think an Android phone is probably similar (but don't know for sure), anyone?

• Like 1

Ok so now how do I tell if my cameras have GPS?

Check the specifications of the cameras you own.

Geotagging is the feature to look for in the specs.

The info would be in the EXIF data.

Checking the properties of a photo, if the photo has GPS/Geotagging info in it you will should see EXIF data files listed in the properties of the photo.

• Like 1

Yes GPS is now a part of everyday life, take the time to learn how to disable the GPS on your phone and or cameras when necessary so your locations can be kept safe/secret!!

That is why ol MacGump doesn't post pictures from Brasil. My first hook up with Garimpo I heard stories of holes popping up n places he had been--- dang gold is hard enough to get without an tech savvy scallywag following me...