Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

Back in the Saddle

1st time out :head: since May :yesss: absolutely beautiful day cloud cover decent temps till around noon.
Shake down cruise for a new prospectin rig ,.... :thumbsupanim I like it rear hatch makes some "shade" where there ain't none an plenty of room for all the gear AND sleepin quarters !!!!! And did I mention gas mileage ??? Well I'm impressed after sportin a V-8 pickup for the past 13 years.
The very first encounter was a horned toad which led to my 1st signal immediately after spottin the toad so I figured it had to be a nugget :Just_Cuz_06: ( the toads are supposed to be lucky). Lots of small trash with the 16" coil and an old clothes snap imprinted with "UNITED CARR" on it.
No nugs today but a great summer day beepin in the high desert. I'm glad to be back at it again. The nuggets will surface next time out.
Hapy Huntn

post-562-0-36307000-1405564003_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-05474900-1405564031_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-82833700-1405564089_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-85920100-1405564188_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-90889100-1405564243_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Frank I went up into northern nevada and found a toad, he didn't bring me any luck either.

post-1061-0-08144900-1405565799_thumb.jp

Right Greg, yeah best place fer them is on a stick over the fire,....taste like chicken. :D

Frank,

Good to see you out. What is that rig?

Mitchel

Good for you Frank!

I'm sure glad to hear things are starting to go. Good for you. I'm glad that you are out and about instead of down and out. My grandmother that lived through the Depression always told me never look back on hard times just look forward.

I guess that's what all of us can ever do.

Again I say good for you, and Good Luck Buddy.

Hey Frank
Good to see your getin out. I agree about the V-8 Im lookin for somthin with a little better gas mileage too.
Looks like your huntin virgin ground? WTG. good luck to ya, AzNuggetBob

Frank,

Seeing your truck next to the Joshua Tree reminds me that the big tree in Gold Basin at the GPAA camp site has fallen as of a couple of months ago when I was there.

Mitchel

Glad to see you got a new ride Frank. Nice pictures!

Yehah!
Franks back in the bush :)
Glad your able to get out again.

Youl find some gold...you know how :)
GL to ya

Tom H.

Frank,

Good to see you out. What is that rig?

Mitchel

Mitch, that rig was made before your time that's why you don't recognize it. She's my new "restore" project.

Can't believe that ol tree gave out at the camp, wonder if somebody helped it down ???

I'm MORE than ready for that ol sound from under my coil :head::head:

Glad you`re getting out again Frank ! You may have to re-sharpen your skills :D:head:

nice ride........go get'm Frank

Everything looks like a go Frank. Nice wheels and good detector and I love that NF coil. I believe you would be prettier if that bandana was PINK.

Question is: did you follow Mr TOad to his harvester ant Smörgåsbord?

THat's dinner for them.

Ants are great miners,so I think it prudent to check out their "mine dumps" :old: . DOntcha think?

I wonder what "fines" might arise from some ant mound tailings- besides buckwheat chaff.

Frank last nugget I found in the basin was about two minutes after I crossed paths with one of the biggest horned toads I have ever seen In my life. And I have seen a lot of them in my time. By the way it's only going to be 106 degrees this weekend where we want to go.

OMG Frank's back. No nugget is safe now including desert trash. Hey buddy, thanks for the cleaning of the high desert. Now I won't have to dig up those small ones. Glad to see you back in the saddle again, good luck next time out.

Old Tom

Weaver Hillbilly, I think that's where I made my mistake of the day was not going in the direction that toad headed :old:

There's always tomorrow Frank.

[armchair beepeing]With a proper red headlamp and a red headlight on your coil( has anyone thought of that? I should patent it :4chsmu1: )you could beep all summer in the cool weee hours of the morn :brows: Or is there a regulation against beeping after dark( besides common sense :brows: )?

http://www.brightfeetslippers.com/

Get a few of those cheapy led headlamps at the swapmeet and point it backwards on your hat to function as predator(anti-predator) eyes. Seen them marked down at Commistco 3 for 4$. NEwer ones 2 for $10 and put out out 110 lumens.

Dont forget to turn on your boot headlights!

MOunt an extra set of "eyes" high up and one on each side for extra monster effect.

Heck, with your beeper glowin and swingin/ crowin , your "eyes" and boots the same, you're just a giant scorpion for all a mountain lion knows :th::yikes: Kick up the bass on external speakers and you'ld be a real scare.

Some red tint cellophane or red tint paint on the lenses ought to work well enough to save your night vision.[/armchairbeeping]

Bryan

Great news that your back at it. GI find some nuggets!!

Maybe this will help you stay there

https://myspace.com/humphrey_bogart/video/the-treasure-of-the-sierra-madre/43543003

Edited by weaver hillbille