Nugget Shooter Forums

Found an old story

Was thumbing thru the web and ran across an old story that was written about me and my metal detecting hobby, have to scroll down to the story and to this date I have the only known waitress badge from Glacier National Park in existence and it has been authenticated.

http://www.leaderadvertiser.com/article_d7fdab69-d53e-5d06-8119-0b246802ec7d.html

Edited by Allen in MT

Yes I still have it, after the story came out a couple of museums called and wanted it and I declined as I plan on someday donating it to Glacier Park for their museum. It is still a good conservation piece in my store.

When I found it I was able to locate the party that built the house in 58 and all of the owners since then and no one can remember anybody working for a restaurant in the park. We live 80 miles south of the park and I often wonder just how it ended up in this yard. The attachment pin was with it when found but I broke it off but still have it. I gave Glacier Park color pictures of it and a copy to a writer that is doing a book about National Park badges. Park personnel thought it had to have been back in early 30's when park was first being developed.

post-227-0-73210700-1405558169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allen in MT