Nugget Shooter Forums

Sorta Kinda Cool 87F with 32% wet. Rained just enough last night to sog things. Coolers not working because of the wet.

Forward Out Post Deming is out of Beer, Send Beer. Cold Beer. Ok, Vodka and Ice if need to save room on Space Craft. Have Yeast but not sugar. Still INOP. Squirrels Robbing Bird Food. BB Gun not sufficient as they keep over running the wire. In past I could YELL Death from Above and they would run away. Now they look at me and give me the Finger. Take the Burnt toast, Corn from the Bird seed and goodies. This morning My Hen tired of there crap attacked one. Squirrels Response was to head past tree line, Recruit back up and chase Chicken out of park. Respecto, Nadda, Squirrels. Request 100 MagaWatt LASER Rifle To defend fort. All ready found Mice Drones in Fort obviously scouting for Provisions. . One Corps this morning thanks to Mouse Mines. (VICTOR MOUSE TRAP). Situations Desperate. Back up Required. Or Beer.

TSgt Homefire Reports.

Sorry Homie, you're on your own, the Secretary of Defense has told all units to "Stand Down" until further orders, saying the squirrel uprising has something to do with the squirrels being mad about some video!! :idunno:

Figures!

Updated Sit Rep:

Expended more then 50 bb's utilizing normally effective Red Rider BB Gun. No Effect. BB's seem to just bounce off Body Armor and make Enemy more Tolerant to pain. Contemplated Moving up to .22 Henry Rifle but Ammo shortage made me Reluctant. Besides, I like the little A Holes except for there arrogance.. Next plan of Defense is Rocket Artillery. Upon emergency Inventory, I realized I had 50 Bottle rockets in the Armory. Screen door open waiting for next assault. Utilizing said Bottle Rockets and a 3ft length of EMT Conduit somewhat like a Bazooka should prove effective.

Check with Shep. He's pretty handy with his pellet gun. He sits in his easy chair in front of his TV, patio door slid open, and keeps his backyard free of critters.

Patrick .....

LOL I'm on the couch three ft from the front door. Only real problem is not shooting when the Friendlies are here. Like the Taliban, they mix with the Good guys.

Common problem Homie, you need to stop them at the border to deny them of all the goodies they can get after infiltration.....once they get in, they are yours for the duration

Who would have ever thought? It seems the Squirrels have a Direct Line to Thor the God of Lightening. Tuesday the Fort was Assaulted by Two Lightening Bolts. Took a Direct hit to the Well and one to the House. 48 Hour Communications Outage Here at Forward Desert Base Deming. Comms has been down AWAP (Awaiting Arrival of Parts) Modem. DSL Modem Emitted the Magic Smoke. Cost, $110.00. Toasted the 1 year old Well Pump, Cost $1784.00 replacement pump and wire, pulling and Replacing with New Pump. Camp Funds are now depleted. The Henry .22 is Primed and Ready.

Ya can't mess with Thor

Edited by El Dorado

Does the well driller give you recycling credit /break on the cost of the wire-for all your toasted copper that he takes away?

replacement pump and wire, pulling

Nope! I kept the wire. I kept the Old Pump. I can get a whopping 10 cents a lb for the motor. The Wire much better if I strip it. If I burn it not so well and the flipping cops are called to verify were I got it at the Shop. The Bowls for the pump were on there way out it seems. We have water pressure like never before now.

OUCH, Homie I know how you feel, but when my pump went out a year or so ago, I replace it myself after getting the high dollar quotes from several well guys, I replaced the pump, the pipe and the wire for $600, it a good thing I save myself well over $1000, because a few weeks later I had to get my septic drain field redone,can't have crap backing up into the house you know :sickbyc::vomit-smiley-011[1]: , that set me back another $1400, got a good deal from the septic tank man, I have known him for many years and he knocked off $500 on the job.

And that's not to mention having to replace my entire 30 years old AC system a couple of months later, but I got that done with company my wife does works for at cost, a great system that normally sells for over $12,000, got a home improvement credit card deal on the system, the total cost was $7,500, no interest as long as it's paid off within 3 years and if I don't use the credit card until the $7,500 is paid off, I paid it off in 2 years, now I have a completely paid off home improvement credit card with a $10,000 credit line that I refuse to use, but it's nice to know it's in my wallet in case something comes up I can't pay cash for!!! :4chsmu1:

I really don't have any way to pull 180ft of pipe up. If I could I would. That was the cheap part. They only charged $180 for doing it all. The pump and were was the killer.

I hear ya, my well is only 100', my 15 year old son (17 now) and I pulled the pump by hand, we would pull it up 2 or 3 feet and then used 4 pair of Vise-grips on the pipe to keep it there, 2 at the start of the pull and then 2 at the end of the pull, we would pull it up and I would hold it in place while my son quickly put the Vice-grips in place, do about 4 pulls and take a short break and do it all over again, I had to look high and low for my pump, just couldn't afford the price of the pump and the rest of the stuff I needed to installing it myself, finally found it at a little hole in the wall company out in the sticks, I got the pump for $300 he gave me a deal on it because he couldn't sell it to his neighbors for free, he just rebuilds the pumps for the locals he has known all of his life and can't get them to buy a new pump, it sells for over $700 anywhere else, my pump couldn't be rebuilt it was too far gone.

Yeah I know the feeling, but I had to get it done, not enough money to pay someone else.

180ft would be a bear, that about 100 lbs of water alone, not to mention the weight of the pipe, wire and pump