Nugget Shooter Forums

Snake proof your dog.

MacGump

That's pretty graphic as far as dispatching of the snake goes, so I added a warning to your post, I think that man needs to sharpen his machete!!

Yes that was a close call for that dog, that was a BIG snake :yikes: , I don't know if "Snake Proofing" would of helped in this instance, I'm sure the snake was mostly under water at the time it attacked the dog, so I don't think the dog would've been able to sense the snake being close by, but it may have help if the dog was train to smell the danger of the snake, dogs have great sense of smell, I'm sure if it's possible that the dog now has had it's training and won't be making that mistake again!!!!

That's pretty graphic as far as dispatching of the snake goes, so I added a warning to your post, I think that man needs to sharpen his machete!!

Yes that was a close call for that dog, that was a BIG snake :yikes: , I don't know if "Snake Proofing" would of helped in this instance, I'm sure the snake was mostly under water at the time it attacked the dog, so I don't think the dog would've been able to sense the snake being close by, but it may have help if the dog was train to smell the danger of the snake, dogs have great sense of smell, I'm sure if it's possible that the dog now has had it training and won't be making that mistake again!!!!

Dog was lucky. When the snake coiled it missed him and wrapped himself. Took a long time for the guys to action--- if the snake had coiled the dog it would have been too late.

Down here those snakes are why beeping next to water is very distracting.

Yea Mac like last year when I found the patch 15km from my house where the water had receded about 200 yards. The entire lake was clean as a street for that strip of dirt.

First day there I saw the about two feet of the tail of one of those snakes sliding back into the water when I got within about 50 yards of it. I had looked along there pretty good I thought and didn't see a thing. Then after I started finding nuggets I worked my

way down to the waters edge. A lot of old trees and stumps that had been under water for several years were sticking out of the water and it worried me some that a big snake likes that for leverage when they strike.

Sure was hard beeping with a open knife in one hand and detector in the other. Only found lead fishing sinkers!