Nugget Shooter Forums

More fun with the SDC2300

I got out and did a little more prospecting with the SDC, and got 3 more nuggets, total weight 2.5 grams. The more I use this detector the happier I am with it. I took my brother in law out with me and with the external speaker gave him a few lessons in nugget detecting. there were a bunch of 22 brass shells at this one place, and I told him we needed to get these out of the way because they would block the detector from seeing smaller targets. Sure enough, we got them out of the way, and right in the middle of where they were was a fainter target. I told him that while larger nuggets would sound like those shells near the surface, most gold would sound like this fainter target. We dug it and it was the smallest of the three nuggets.

post-187-0-91678000-1404702085_thumb.jpg

Im still wondering about the SDC 2300. but I have to say being a PI it does have a big edge over the VLF's in hot ground.
Ive hunted ground that was so hot you couldnt keep a VLF ground balanced and your not going to hear any light signals.
AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Hi Bob - This place is like that. The place where I got this gold I have tried with the GB2 - and there are so many hot rocks that its an accomplishment to pick out a 22 shell just below the surface. The nuggets are much fainter than a 22 shell, and without a PI to ignore the hot rocks, you just cant hear them against the mineralization.

Chris have you heard for sure what type of coil Minelab is useing on the SDC2300?

Ive been hearing the signal responce is a bit strange for a mono, could it be something new? AzNuggetBob

Edited by AzNuggetBob