Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notime

Lynx Creek Camping Question

Does anyone know if it is okay to camp near the designated panning area, outside of the lynx Lake campgrounds?

Yeah it is, there's good camping off bannie mine rd just a little ways past the lake on walker rd.

I Second Bannie Mine Rd.... Was there a few weeks ago and turn left onto BM Rd...If you have a low clearance vehicle there's four spots right there... If you have standard small picup type clearance you'll get down that hill. when you get down the bottom just before the creek turn right and there's about eight spots there right along the creek where you can start to pan.

Hope that helps :)

Thats a good spot and there is also a spot on the other side of the creek just about 100 yards up.

I would go for the second spot.

Unfortunatly inconciderate people like to camp at the first spot....leave garbage all over and blast up and down on thier

quads.

Spent 1/2 hr picking up garbage last weekend.

Tom H.

I picked up broken beer bottles when i was there as i have seen quite a few kids step on broken glass over the years.... It's not pretty

Is the Bannie Mine Rd. area very productive for panning?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick it's been beat pretty hard. If you can get some overburden off and crevice some bedrock...your bound to get some color. PM me if you want to come over some time. There are a couple places you can use battery powered highbankers and such and not get in trouble.

Thanks Dave. I'll keep that in mind.

Patrick .....

Patrick it's been beat pretty hard. If you can get some overburden off and crevice some bedrock...your bound to get some color. PM me if you want to come over some time. There are a couple places you can use battery powered highbankers and such and not get in trouble.

I am up for that, have a new batt operated highbanker I got from Travis I want to try out....

Just say when Bill & Dave. I owe John and Jane Boyles a visit over in Strawberry also.

I'm free most any Thurs - Sunday.

Let's go get cooled off !!

Patrick .....

Cool...i'll let you know when we have some water.

Sounds good....

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<< What Bill said

Just say when Bill & Dave. I owe John and Jane Boyles a visit over in Strawberry also.

I'm free most any Thurs - Sunday.

Let's go get cooled off !!

Patrick .....

"COOLED OFF"???? If you think that 90 degrees at 9am in the morning is cool ...........I guess???? Lynx Creek is pretty dry this time of year, with only very small pools here and there..........You would have better luck with your detectors,.....By the way PATRICK,... I have some questions for you regarding Lake Havasu City area: Hello Patrick,...My name is Gary Michael, and I live in Prescott Valley (not far from Lynx Creek). I see by your posts that you live in, or around Lake Havasu City....I have never detected for gold there, but was wondering how good it is there??? I have seen (on line) some of the nuggets that some of the members of the gold club there have found, but was wondering if you or anyone else has had much luck in other areas that are "not" part of their claims??? I have considered coming over there during the winter (when it finally Cools off) and do some detecting, but I wouldn't even know where to start. Based on what I can see on Google Earth, there are so many washes over there, that it seems to me that there would be some good areas to detect,......I thought that I would get your experienced opinion about the area.

I have a friend (sort of) that moved over there about 2 months ago (why this time of year is beyond me???) who has a detector, but (although I tried to teach him a thing or two about the hobby) he just does not have the fever, so his detector finds dust in his closet. I on the other hand would like to find someone over there that is as Serious about detecting for gold as I am, and who knows the area. I don't know if you know Montana (Bob Dansie) or not, but he told me at one time that that is where he first got his start at detecting, and that there where some good areas for gold. At any rate, I would appreciate you input regarding this.

Thanks, Gary

Hello Gary. I'd welcome 90 degrees at 9 AM. I drive to work about 5:30 in the morning, and it's ALREADY 90 + . Yesterday and today it reached 121, with no relief in sight. You don't want to visit this time of year.

I'll try to answer your questions tomorrow about Havasu Gold Seekers. I don't have a great deal of info, but I will share what I know.

Patrick .....

Hey Patrick, Dave and Bill ... let me know when you guys are going and I'll join in the party ... if you don't mind another crashing the party that is ... have a spot or two around Lynx that I would like to investigate but it will take me forever to cover the area myself. Better to have a couple guys and find the gold then clean it out the same day ... very popular and easy local spot to get to.

Mike F

You bet Mike

Hey Mike F.,......I have searched and detected practically every stream, tributary, wash and run-off (for the last 8-years or so) on the Lynx below the lake, and if you would PM me approximately "where" these areas are that you want to investigate, I most likely could tell you "if" they are "worth the time" or not. I also know that the area(s) South of the lake (around Bannie mine road) is very trashy for detecting, and there is very little water for panning or hi-banking (unless you bring it yourself). The Lynx IS NOT FLOWING,....all of the water is down deep, with just a few pools on the surface here and there. Gary

Of course Mike! Anytime!

The spot i'm talking about going is NOT Lynx...it's close but escapes some the draconian USFS BS...

My spots are also outside of the lynx withdrawal area to the East ... out on the edges so to speak ... walkable from the lower parking lot at the trail gate that has the sign that no side-by-sides are allowed. An aside here ... My complaint with that is that my side by side ...Polaris RZR 800 is the same with at 50" as the Polaris Sportsman 550 that is allowed entrance to the trail. I do have another way into the area with my RZR but it takes about 5 miles of riding to get back to the spot which is about 1/2 mile from the Lynx lower parking area.

Hi Mike,

Do you mean they allow quads on that trail, but not ATV's?

Thanks, Ben

Ben ... My definiton of Quads equals ATVs ... they do not allow UTVs which are side by sides. Mike

According to their travel management plan the restriction is 50 inch. Nothing about side by side.

According to their travel management plan the restriction is 50 inch. Nothing about side by side.

I like this ruling the best, Mike get yourself a copy of that plan and have it with you!!

Yup ... Will do ... BUT the sign at the entrance to the trail from the parking lot specifically says no side by sides ... doesn't say anything about 50" max width. However I bought this RZR for the reason that i would not be restricted on the ATV trails as it is 50" and just like its ATV bretheren it has four wheels. SOOOO ... I'll get a copy of the regs and go! :)