Nugget Shooter Forums

DUDE :woot:, DAJE VU, ONLY BIGGER, AND IT'S MARKS TURN!!!!! :thumbsupanim :yesss: :wee::ya:

Was this found in the same patch/area as the 1+ ouncer you found at the first of the year?

Congratulations Mark!!! :4chsmu1:

I know you said there's more to come, but how can you top that, I guess with more gold!!!! :ROFL:

Well I can't wait to see part 2 !!

WOW nice nice nice. That gets the fever back up. Dang

Was this found in the same patch/area as the 1+ ouncer you found at the first of the year?

I know you said there's more to come, but how can you top that, I guess with more gold!!!! :ROFL:

Well I can't wait to see part 2 !!

Same general area but not the same patch area. Within a mile.

Tough to top that. Part two has some more gold from that night and I got a nice one but after Mark's they all look small!! :)

Ron and Mark,

That is sure a nice nugget to see. Having found one on Thanksgiving morning I wish that I had a GoPro to record it but I didn't. I was alone and took some video after my find.

I like to night hunt on the beaches. I have been out some at night in the desert and it is cooler. Is there any reason you are night gold and relic hunters?

Congratulations again.

Mitchel

It's fortunate in this case that they were "relic hunters" … going by the way he pinpointed and dug that nugget out with his lesche tool, if he would have had a pick (like most gold detectorists), he quite possibly could have damaged the nugget.

Is there any reason you are night gold and relic hunters?

Thanks! A few reasons actually and not for what most people think.

I have a day job :(

It's been above 100 degrees during the day.

Too many landmarks in a daytime video. Gold hunters around here are pretty smart and can tell a location by landmarks in the background of a video

Site can be seen from the freeway/highway/street/road/path/hiking trail, so I really don't want a detectorist to see us and end up at our site.

Plus we like night hunting. I find I am more focused at night --with the occasional rattler to keep you on your toes!!

Ohhh and remember the shape, color, size and look of the nugget may give away the locations, or possibilities of the site. Put it all together and you may have company one evening :)

OH MY GOSH seems to be a common reaction to finding a whopper........exactly what I said when I found my 6 OZr and just about every time I plopped it in someones hand...... CONGRATS ON THE GREAT FIND, Looks like Folsom Gold to me.......

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 1

Now THAT is one of the best nugget find videos we've ever had on the forums ....!!! ... Congratulations on a beautiful find! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

One can only dream of finding a nugget like that Ron.

Congrats to you on a great find and for the excellent

video documenting the dig. You guys done really good!

• 4 years later...

UNBELIEVABLE GOLD NUGGET! LIVE DIG VIDEO! (BUMP)

"Now THAT is one of the best nugget find videos we've ever had on the forums ....!!! ... Congratulations on a beautiful find! ... Cheers, Unc"

Here's another horn tooter from the archives that deserves another front page run! Nuggets like this are still out there waiting . . .

2 hours ago, BMc said:

UNBELIEVABLE GOLD NUGGET! LIVE DIG VIDEO! (BUMP)

"Now THAT is one of the best nugget find videos we've ever had on the forums ....!!! ... Congratulations on a beautiful find! ... Cheers, Unc"

Here's another horn tooter from the archives that deserves another front page run! Nuggets like this are still out there waiting . . .

The really crazy thing is these guys aren't wild gold hunters per se.. Their main thing is History, relics etc. of the Westward Ho era..
They've uncovered some excellent examples of minted gold too..

Swamp

• Like 1

Any chance of getting a photo of the flat stuff to show the folks? You know Swamp, that's what makes detecting such a fascinating activity. There is so much to be found out there, often  just barely concealed beneath the surface . And just think what the guys might be find if they were "wild gold hunters" . . .

4 hours ago, BMc said:

Any chance of getting a photo of the flat stuff to show the folks?... 

I'm pretty sure if you right click on the vid n run it in another tab it'll open in YouTube; then I'd one click to their channel rather than running others of theirs from the right column (they'll come up in order by date that way..) Besides other live dig vids they have before-and-after pix of many items, including gold coins as-dug and post-rinse, which is what you are asking, right? I'm not sure what their policy is re photo lifts.. I mean, it is the internet -- so I just assume it's cool for private use.. More than that and I don't know if it's simply giving them credit if further published or requires permission.. I'd imagine they have it noted on their site..

Swamp

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I'm pretty sure if you right click on the vid n run it in another tab it'll open in YouTube; then I'd one click to their channel rather than running others of theirs from the right column (they'll come up in order by date that way..) Besides other live dig vids they have before-and-after pix of many items, including gold coins as-dug and post-rinse, which is what you are asking, right? I'm not sure what their policy is re photo lifts.. I mean, it is the internet -- so I just assume it's cool for private use.. More than that and I don't know if it's simply giving them credit if further published or requires permission.. I'd imagine they have it noted on their site..

Swamp

Once you click on their channel icon and go there you will have to click on "videos" to get to the all of their videos by date, otherwise you will only see the last 3 to 4 videos..

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Swamp

OK, Swamp, basically that's what I was wondering. I can check on the copyrights etc. I might look into referencing some of their finds if there's no downside to it.

Thanks,

Mac

• Like 1