Nugget Shooter Forums

3 Days at Lynx Creek

TomH

Hey all:
Welp, we got back from 3 really nice days up at Lynx creek. Didnt find any gold but had a heck of a good time in the cooler weather and meeting a new guy out prospecting.

Found oodles of trash..can anyone identify what that little thing that has two crimped ends on it? it has raised printing on it that says EASY on the side of it. Made out of steel.\

Its about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.

I found it up on the side of a hill.

Also found a piece of old boot with 13 boot tacks in it..that saved some time :)

Found a arrow head too. But, I didnt take it and stuck it in a tree stump.

It was a hunting arrow :)

I did actually find two tributaries that did NOT have any trash! Unbelievable. Just 22 bullets...you know, the ones that sound like gold :(

Found the Amulet mine and dinked around there for a bit.

Met up with Shay, Arctic Dave and his friend Mike, thats what really made the trip fun.

Sat. night we feasted on Pork Bulgogi, BokChoy, Seaweed and mussle soup, Kimchee and lots of beer! :)

All in all it was a great 3 days out.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-23219400-1404094336_thumb.j

post-25308-0-12895900-1404094341_thumb.j

post-25308-0-77598300-1404094348_thumb.j

post-25308-0-00955400-1404094356_thumb.j

post-25308-0-09617600-1404094362_thumb.j

Edited by TomH
  • Like 1

Sounds like good times & better company Tom.....Great place to take the pan and you`ll be sure and find gold that way. :thumbsupanim

That table fare looks to rival some 5 star restaurants !!! :brows:

I was stuck working this weekend unfortunately....

Edited by adam

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Isn't Lynx Creek like one of the richest gold areas in AZ? From what I've heard, seems like gold should be laying around all over the place. :idunno:

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Isn't Lynx Creek like one of the richest gold areas in AZ? From what I've heard, seems like gold should be laying around all over the place. :idunno:

BB.

The area is very rich in gold. But, lately I just suck at finding gold. I think my mojo has run out or im cursed and im done.

Im thinking of just melting down the circuit boards in the 5000 to get the gold out of them, turn the shafts and box in for scrap aluminum and start my new hobby of basket weaving. Its a lot less stressful.

Tom H.

• Like 2

Hey all:

Found the Amulet mine and dinked around there for a bit.

"A former underground Ag-Au-Pb mine located on the ridge on the Chaparral Creek side, 1 mile NE of the Walker P.O. Started 1887 and closed 1891. Claims extend into Sec. 34.

Mineralization is near the contact of the Bradshaw Granite and Yavapai Schist. Rich silver ore occurred in a contact breccia between the two formations. An extension of the Mudhole Mine veins. Ore control was faulting and shearing. Ore concentration was oxidation at near surface. Alteration was minor. Associated rock units include the Government Canyon Granodiorite and the informally-named Walker Stock or Walker Granodiorite.

Area structures include veins sometimes parallel to regional foliation in Precambrian rocks, which trends N10E to N45E.

Workings include a shaft 200 feet deep. High-grade ore contaqined 459 oz. Ag/T and 46% Pb."

http://www.mindat.org/loc-43085.html

Sure looks like the "Bannie Mine Rd" area. We where just up there on Fathers Days. 23 degrees cooler than the valley of phoenix. Great area and looks like you had a lot of fun

Edited by Joe Z

I had a great time up there hunting with you guys and it was nice getting to meet Dave and his buddy Mike.

Thanks again for the invite!

I just went through the bucket of dirt I grabbed right before leaving, trying to salvage something after a day of cleaning the forest free of bullets and tacks.

Heres what I got

post-27032-0-75032400-1404187289_thumb.j

Thats the most I ever seen in one bucket! :yesss:

• Like 1

Your tellin me Adam! I would love to figure out how to get that done.

The ground was very moist. I dried it and ran it through the drywasher at home.

No drywashers in the withdrawl area though.

I thought the area we were at was in the withdrawl, but on my way there a sign said leaving the withdrawl area before I got there. I cant make heads or tails of the map provided for the withdrawl.

I may have been in an area where a drywasher or highbanker can be used. Gonna have to do a little research and find out.

Hey Tom and all sounds like you guys had a blast. wish I could have made it but I got stuck down here in the flats.
always nice to get up in the pines and get a little fresh air. it sure looks cool up there.
On that relic, It appears to be some kind of manufacturer tag but never seen one like it
but should be a nice addition to the collection.
well take care. Bob

Shay I think the withdrawal area goes all the way up to Walker. Pans only. Of course, what they don't know....

I think your right by looking at the map that some 3 yr old drew out :(

But, there are areas on the side that you could hit with a vac or drywash that is out of the withdrawl area.

I would certainly check in with a forest ranger first though.

Shay.........great looking gold :)

Glad you were able to get some.

Tom H.

Shame on you Adam, you should have been paying attention in kindergarten class. Probably dreaming of some future bike ride..........

Old Tom

Tom, your camp looks familiar. Did a blue Ford F150 park near you Saturday morning with a couple of bozo's panning in the back of the truck in the afternoon? That was me and a buddy. We went crevassing and then some digging to pan. Not much color, but some anyway.

Shay I think the withdrawal area goes all the way up to Walker. Pans only. Of course, what they don't know....

Thats what I thought

But, there are areas on the side that you could hit with a vac or drywash that is out of the withdrawl area.

Tom H.

I was in a tributary to Lynx early that morning and it looked real good for drywashing, looked like maybe some placering in the past done there. MIght research to see if its open.

Tom, your camp looks familiar. Did a blue Ford F150 park near you Saturday morning with a couple of bozo's panning in the back of the truck in the afternoon? That was me and a buddy. We went crevassing and then some digging to pan. Not much color, but some anyway.

Was that you that parked past our RV and took off up creek in shorts and no snake gaiters? We took off shortly after for the day and got back after you left. Too bad we missed each other, Always Dirty and Arctic Dave and friend Mike came in also. Pickins are pretty slim there but it is a beautiful area and a chance to breathe fresh air for a change.

Old Tom