Nugget Shooter Forums

Prairie Dog Video and new gun

The following is rated G for Graffic. It is intended for Mature Varmint Hunters, not the squeamish. One of the better PD shoot video's I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCp5BwSKtUE

I was over in Eastern Montana a month ago doing the same thing, had a blast good weather and dogs all around. Farmers want us to shoot as long and as many of these varmints as we can to help stop the destruction that they cause.

On the way home I stopped in a gun store and found a good deal on a .223 Bushmaster V Match with 24" barrel 1-9 twist and just happened to find a box of M855 62 grain that shoots well in this gun. Another shooter to take on the next shoot or coyote patrol.

post-227-0-32964400-1403788400_thumb.jpg

Allen ... Nice job on the gun shop finds ... they are out there if you just keep an eye open. BTW ... any idea of what the Roach Boys were using on those dogs ... I killed a few back in the days when I lived in Boulder CO back in the 70's with a 243 and they didn't explode like some of those critters did. Just curious. PD's can be a lot of fun to shoot and the ranchers sure do like them gone ... particularily in my case with expensive quarter horses being breed.

Mike F

No bounty as far as I know ... the bounty is that the ranchers want them gone and will usuually allow you to go into an area they designate for free. Your only cost is time and ammo.

Allen ... Nice job on the gun shop finds ... they are out there if you just keep an eye open. BTW ... any idea of what the Roach Boys were using on those dogs ... I killed a few back in the days when I lived in Boulder CO back in the 70's with a 243 and they didn't explode like some of those critters did. Just curious. PD's can be a lot of fun to shoot and the ranchers sure do like them gone ... particularily in my case with expensive quarter horses being breed.

Mike F

I posted the question after their video asking what they are shooting, no response yet.

My little brother in CO owns a PD hunting tour company. He fabbed up a 12ft high platform with a bunch of shooting benches that will fit on his gooseneck flatbed trailer. The local ranchers love him because he gives them a little kickback, plus they don't have to worry about a bunch of yahoos trashing up their property. He brings all the paying yahoos in on the trailer and makes them all shoot from one designated spot so there's no crossfire, no trashing of the area, and no cattle getting shot.