Nugget Shooter Forums

Caballo, Hillsboro NM Prospect trip

Cowboybrj81

So I would like to ask the group for some help navigating the Caballo, Hillsboro New Mexico area for prospecting. Basically I am in the Army and will be home in that area for leave and looking to do so prospecting with my dad and a few family friends. We do have a brand new recirculating sluice but pretty much no real world prospecting knowledge other than what I have read in books, forums etc. I noticed there is little to no public prospecting lands around Caballo, Hillsboro but when I do a search on the BLMs LR2000 I cant find any active claims in that area. I would like to get some contact info for anyone willing to let some good old country boys and a couple of toddlers as my 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son think we are going to find gold nuggets the size of their heads (I wonder who gave them that idea....grandpa) have a fun weekend expedition of playing in the dirt on the 6th and 7th of July. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to look like the idiot I am in front of my kids if i can help it. Thanks all. Please PM if you can help I will send you my contact info.

Ben J.

Not been to Hillsboro in quite some time. I know all of Wicks Gulch is claimed up. You need to go the County Recorders office. LR2000 has been messed up for a long time now.