Nugget Shooter Forums

lost safe

ingot joe

Is this project going to be filmed?... :pop:

For one ingot worth of cash I will bring DEW for filming and for 1/2 an ingot DEW may entertain the prospectors :idea:

So what exactly are you bringing to the table? :89:

Knives and forks ? Lets see 1 mile by 8 ft equals 1acre x16foots equals 2acres of the unknown, Which reminds me my ex FIL part indian told me of a place he went hunting every year, that another real old indian told him about in the strictest confidence in the Mendocino Forest is a cache of gold that is a four day hike into but this was before forest fires and Rockons. I know that this sounds like a daunting task to many of you especially you younger whippersnappers cuz ya werent built as tuff as ole timers. But I will furnish you with all the amenities of being able to boondock in the wilderness with the birds and the bees err bears, Hunt for yo meat, make yo own shine, to many goodies to even list :evil1:

Hello all, I met up with this fellow just out of curiosity and will share my view of what I have learned and what I already knew about this story. The basic line of how the said item got into the creek is true. This information can be found on the internet if searched correctly, along with being in many books. The reason that it was not recovered from the "mile long" and "fifteen foot" wide stream bed almost immediately, is because because this is a stream that could possibly stretch to one hundred yards across during a major flood. The particular area has had at least six "hundred year floods" since the incident occurred. In my lifetime I have watched a cement truck travel down this watercourse with each flood and it has moved almost seven miles, so this changes our distance of "one mile" considerably. I would guess a distance closer to twelve miles. As you would think, twelve miles and one hundred yards wide is a considerably larger hunt area than what was mentioned. Also, if it was a smaller drainage as mentioned one may be able to possibly hear something large and maybe even dig it out to see what it is. With a stream the size of this actual watercourse one would never hear all the large targets, as there are holes in this creek that the bedrock is fifteen to twenty feet down. I know this because I had some friends that dredged in it years ago.

I explained to this fellow that a better route would be to locate someone that has "lots" of money and could negotiate getting some of the very expensive ground penetrating radar that is on the market. This equipment can sometimes even define the shape of an anomaly down deep, giving a better insight before digging.

As it is, he wants to start at the site and begin detecting the first large object, dig it out and if it is not what he is looking for, continue this procedure downstream.

I tried to explain that I don't have enough lifetimes for such an endeavor and was told that it takes "just luck". Well, maybe..........but I will continue with my gold detecting in which the odd's are a bit better.

The land status of the entire twelve miles is checkerboard throughout, along with the fact that a person would never be able to dig down,by hand, in any one of the deeper areas along this watercourse to retrieve such an item. A piece of equipment will be needed for this deep digging. There are also a few threatened species along this watercourse. This stream is also one that has very high Mercury content because of the high number of smelters in the area back in the mining days. The next big fact is that the stream has a public highway following along its course for many miles.

I suppose someone with a lot of money and more brains than I have might be able to get everything in place for a search and just maybe even find the item after all the hurdles they would have to jump. Maybe, just maybe they might have "just luck" on their side. I really wish this fellow well and would really love to be proven wrong. It is a Cinderella story. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

and no Steve, I am not mad at you...

Well guess I will retract my offer of running backhoe or excavator !!! I know of a guy that did some digging w/o permit and it wasnt for gold well actually it was. He was digging a ditch for running water. Well to make a long story short he went to jail for a little while :4chsmu1:

The land status of the entire twelve miles is checkerboard throughout, along with the fact that a person would never be able to dig down,by hand, in any one of the deeper areas along this watercourse to retrieve such an item. A piece of equipment will be needed for this deep digging. There are also a few threatened species along this watercourse. This stream is also one that has very high Mercury content because of the high number of smelters in the area back in the mining days. The next big fact is that the stream has a public highway following along its course for many miles.

Sounds like you did a little research on the matter. Gotta love the dreamers who offer up a 50/50 split and expect you to do 99% of the work. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been approached by these type of people. :D

I once got an even more outrageous offer ... I was actively involved in placer mining on California's Salmon River in early '80's ... There's a restaurant in Yreka called "Grandma's House" ... Grandma's husband was wheelchair bound but had a claim on the Klamath River, just above the I-5 bridge ... Grandma said she wanted me to go in and mine the claim for them ... I was to rent the backhoe and recovery equipment, provide fuel, maintenance and labor and they would give me 10% of the gold after final clean up!!! Said NO!!! ... Cheers, Unc