Nugget Shooter Forums

kayaking

well I got out in the water with my kayak (14ft prizm ) was a different ride, wobbly , slow for me , but fun.

Found out my kayak is rated for 275...you guys that know me know I am a little bigger than that.

I ordered a Lifetime Manta 2 seat , rated for 500lbs can't wait for it to get here.

When it gets here I am going fishing.......then we will see what I need to do to it.

Sooooooooooo much fun all stealthy. I love the looks I get from fishermen when I tell'm nope not fishing-mining hahahaha lotza censored comments but F'M' is a good station as plop I go overboard with my tools. I don't tell'm what to do ,or not do, so why d LL do they insist on pontificating a bunch a bs.......-John

Edited by Hoser John

When in England, I bought a 7ft polyurethane kayak . No Compartments, Just a pad and back rest to sit in. All I could do with it was paddle up and down the multitudes of Canals they had coming and going out of London. Fish for Bream there version of Sun Fish or Blue Gills Green Ells now and then.. Fun but un productive. In the End I gave it to a Kid that was going to do more then I would with it. Paid something like $110.00 for it. Last I heard the kid was still using it 5 years later.

post-779-0-07947800-1403796160_thumb.jpgGot me a Polaris Ranger so I can play in the desert so I figured I would fix it so I can take the kayak with me to those hard to get to places

Got my kayak today , will be going out tomorrow to try it out. let everyone know how it did....

Until you learn to Side Swipe and Upright the Kayak don't go Rubber side up. Bad Karma.

A real Kayak, you sit in NOT ON. You can load the Nose and the Aft with all kinds of goodies and still keep the center of balance. These new ones your sitting on top and its messing up everything.

I tried one , got rid of it. The one I got now will carry / is rated for 500lbs....fun to fish out of.

Luv my on top=load up scuba and supplies and still have huge water tight compartments to hold detectors,cameras,misc. Yes keeps ya offa raging waters but this ol'fart ain't going there in any kayak as that's what a raft is for-John