Nugget Shooter Forums

Braved the heat Sunday

bsumbdy

Went scouting up in the Johnnie district and dug up a couple of nuggets. They were my first nuggets not found in the bottom of my drywash hole. Just walking down a small wash. They were found with a Garrett ATX with stock coil. 1st nugget about 6 inches deep on bedrock 1.6 grams. Not a banging signal but thought I was digging a small bullet. I continued down the wash for a bit nice and slow and decided to go back up where I already detected, but this time much slower. Moved a big rock on side of wash and detected, got a small signal. Found the 1gram piece wedged in the bedrock. No other nuggets found in about 150 yards of wash and zero trash as well. Not sure how to approach the wash next time. Still more undetected down stream.

Thanks Chris

can't give you a good on you w/ no pics, but will give you a big atta boy for bearing with the heat. Was working up on a roof around noon today- temp was 106d, needless to say last job for the day for this duck.

Shep

Mighty fine looking stuff there, I would be thinkin about doin some drywashin in the same area. :ROFL::yesss:

PS Pay no attention to Shep He's been standing in the hot Sun to long !! :4chsmu1:

Thanks guys, Boulderdash, there is anywhere from zero to about 1.5 ft of overburden. I thought about hitting it with my GMT.

Very nice coarse nuggets... I'd go back with a couple different sized coils and work the hips of the gulch ... That's paid off for me a bunch of times ... Just go really slow and hit both flanks going down and coming back ... The coarse nature of those bad boys suggests you've got more to work with there ... WTG! Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Uncle Ron, thanks for your reply. What do you mean with "hips " of gulch? I don't have any other coils yes for atx. Should I get the smaller one first? I am pretty good at finding small pieces with my Whites GMT.

PS I just got your Arizona maps in the mail. Can't wait to make a trip to the Bradshaw's. I also need to order Gold Basin and the Greaterville maps.

Chris

Here's quick sketch I just did ... Benches and hip often give up large nuggets, sometimes as a result of the old timers going through and shoveling out the overburden to get down to the bedrock gut as fast as possible ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-01662200-1402427312_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the drawing Unc, and Replies guys. headed up to Reno This weekend may try to find a place to detect somewhere up there.

Chris