Nugget Shooter Forums

Affordable ground balance button install

This is not the best but it is functional. All you need is a little wire, heat shrink, and a couple parts from Radioshack. Sorry there are no instructions but here are some pictures of mine. Hope this helps.

AJ

post-24052-0-79851500-1402157063_thumb.j

post-24052-0-50176600-1402157102_thumb.j

Sorry Homefire this is just an extension of another topic. What the title should have said was affordable ground balance button. Just an option to buying a 120$ GPX handle.

Sorry Homefire this is just an extension of another topic. What the title should have said was affordable ground balance button. Just an option to buying a 120$ GPX handle.

AJ, I edited the title and inserted "button" for you.

Just a suggestion for those doing this. I did it way back when? Instead of putting it on the top of the handle, I put mine aimed forward like a trigger. When it's on the top of the handle, how many times when you set it down and move it back to dig, do you bump button and maybe reset ground balance? Just a thought from an ol fart.

• 1 month later...

Hey Patrick, I did mine last weekend. I used the receipt buckeye boy posted for materials, was super easy, you splice both wires leading to the fixed /tracking toggle, and connect them to your jack. The toggle is basically just an on/off, it completes a circuit. You're adding in a second means of completing the same circuit.....hope this helps, and if I did something wrong someone speak up haha, I havent tested mine in the field yet but it seems to work as it should in the yard....thanks again to buckeye boy for posting the pics, helped alot.

Patrick, I dont know what machine you are running but not all the GP detectors are equipped with two wires. My GP 3000 has a two wire toggle switch and if my memory serves me right my brothers GP 3000 has four wires to the same fixed/tracking switch. This may have been what you ran into. If so I can probably get you an answer to your question.

AJ