Nugget Shooter Forums

Elliptical Mono coils for GPX

KennA

Checking out opinions (Pros n Cons) on elliptical mono coils for nugget shooting; mainly depth and quality of sound.

I am interested in the Minelab Elliptical 15 x 12 mono vs the coiltek Elliptical Goldstalker.

Thanks,

Kenn

The Minelab coil is excellent, but very heavy. Good if you are trying to detect in grass area. One more great coils you might consider is the Nugget Finder 14" elliptical (one of my favorites). The Minelab may have the depth advantage, but IMHO the NF might have a bit more sensitivity to smaller gold......you would not go wrong with any of them.....

I know of no definitive comparisons between coils as far as performance. Find a dealer that will take care of you if there is a failure issue.

El D- next time we're out let's do some comparison testing. I'm betting there is no significant advantage between brands.

Kenn:
Im using the coiltek 9x14 and love it! :)

You can use my 14x24 if you want...youl get some depth with that.

Deffinently have to use a bungy cord with it though.
Tom H.

Hows the NF9x14 with false signals? I have been using my small 8x6 Sadie and I am very pleased how well its built and I do not get much false signals..I have pushed it into tall grass and it stays very quite....also bumping it on a rock does not produce falsing...if the 14x9 is like that , that would be a coil on my Christmas list......

Thanks for all the info on coils, hoping to upgrade soon.

That little Commander mono coil does a pretty good job, just wanted to get a feel for the other coils from the experts.

Yes...sounds like a winner to me....I do like Coilteck..but noticed it runs a little more hot...when I push it to the ground in grass and hit objects it falses...more so than the Nuggetfinder. Not complaining as all my coils have found gold.. I just adjust my swing and try not to hit to many rocks and things...9x14 on my list :)

I have a new 9x14 Coiltek with about 5 solid swinging days on it and no false signals at all! I am very surprised with it sensativity to small targets. I found a BB 8" deep in mineralized soil and numorous other deep pieces of trash. I can swing it all day without using a bun give too. It also seems easier to pinpoint targets than the commander coil.