Nugget Shooter Forums

Big nugget stolen in Tucson

Hopefully they find the nugget before its melted down. I just wonder why they value it at 30,000..he said half pound 6 ounces .more like 12,000..perhaps insurance reasons....

Apparently is was not only a display piece but also an interactive piece. Meaning people could hold it and stuff? A quote from a police officer said that "it wasn't unusual for the piece to be out" They said it is an Australian nugget, not one of John B`s

Edited by adam

Hopefully they find the nugget before its melted down. I just wonder why they value it at 30,000..he said half pound 6 ounces .more like 12,000..perhaps insurance reasons....

AaaHaaaaaa, this looks like a job for the inspector... :5bat:

I would gather part of the intrinsic value of nuggets on a per ounce basis($'s) climbs as nugs get bigger.

Very small nugs would be at par with bullion value, by comparison( based on actual gold content, of course)

Another aspect of the value, I believe, would deal with rarity ( or not)of other like samples from same region , area prospect or mine.

I know there's lots more to it than that.

THe maintenance man did it with the security code taken from the lockbox in the archive room :old:

No matter what the value, it sucks big time that is is gone.........

At best!

I was wondering about the $30000. price also.When I held it about a year ago mark candy the querater said it was 7 onces and from OZ.He had it in his office and brought it out for some of us to drool over also some meterorites from argentina.His office is or was a bit cluderd maybe it's just misplaced.they have cameras all over in the display area.Hope they do get it back some how. Swing ON>>>>Kelly