Nugget Shooter Forums

How often do you go out and nuggethunting?

I suppose the obvious answer for those that have a job or business..is that you go out as often as you can....perhaps a few times per month. Others who may be retired may have more time...and go out more often hence , get more Gold.... :yesss: . So if you would like to share , let us know how often you and your detector go out and nuggethunt... between running my shop and family obligations....I go out 3-4 times per week..usually 3 hours per day. The only problem with that is I want to stay out longer... :4chsmu1: but obligations are priority ...when the kids go on their own....well than it's another story.... :Diggin_a_hole: I will be diggin and beepin a lot more hours....

Edited by Relichunter2

I go out when I feel like it-you see Im past the gold fever stage-been there done that and found my fare share as well :head: -so its not a life or death situation for me anymore :arrowheadsmiley: Beside I beleive every nugget has a finders name on it so my nuggets will still be there when I get to them :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

With family obligations driven by two autistic grandsons I feel lucky to made it twice a month, I suppose I average about once a month 3 to 4 days at a time.

You all have me beat, I have not been even once in the past 4 years. Health issues won't let me, even when I think I could go for an hour or two, My wife has DRS. apointments, and when she does not, I do. Grubstake

For over 30 years at least 300 days a year. Since dredge ban down to about 200. Since hep c hit plus cure and elbow rebuilds down to about 100. Since 60+++ down to about 50 or so....sic sic sic as spending as much time as humanly possible april-october in a tent has always been the lifeblood that's kept me going. Work 6 and 2 off to repair,clean cons and restock...so much fun, :th: John

Sounds to me we all have priorities ...family obligations .....this comes first, like Mike C says...that nugget has your name on it, just waiting for you to take the time and dig her up... :) Gary....they out to make a computer program for us detectorists where you can choose site to detect and look for treasures, and nuggets...imagine having a choice of detector...on line and just click,, Motherlode, Gold Basin, Alaska, or any other site and go at it on line...sound of a Minelab...wooooeeeee or that eeewooo..lol or if you want choose the Garret ATX, perhaps a MXT and hunt some ole ghost town like Bodie on line....I wonder if it would sell..? I've had my fever for 25 years...and its hot as ever still....heading out today for about 3 hours. :head: ...than back to work.... :arrowheadsmiley:

John, that's awesome, many only dream they can live that life, you did it and still are getting out there, I know for me being out regardless if I find anything, I get a heck of a workout and the scenery you can't beat...I spoke to a fella miner who's 82 years old, says he still goes out...and is waiting for the dredge ban to end.. :yesss: so he can get back at it...says he's been prospecting all his life.

Edited by Relichunter2

I used to get out a lot, but now I go a little here and there. I have been getting most of my gold jollies in my studio. Each and every time I am in my studio (almost every day) I get to fondle and play with gold to my hearts content!

• Like 2

Just started getting serious about this hobby/business a few months ago. Got out a few times more or less to dial in all my equipment and do some wildcatting. Plan on hitting my researched areas hard and heavy once the weather cools again. :yesss: