Nugget Shooter Forums

Would you find gold in peacock ore?

I'm assuming you have found several million tons of this ore. That's what it would take to make the gold in it worth while. There was some significant amounts of gold taken as a by product from the copper mines in this area where peacock ore samples can still be found in tailings piles.

Where's Chris Ralph when we need him?

• Like 1

My late mining partner and I found a nice pocket of gold that was all tinted with that peacock ore hue and an orange dusting. It all came off after cleaning with hydrochloric acid.Possibly bornite and chalcopyrite.

Edited by David Wiseman
  • Like 1

Like Galena, People don't know it can contain more then 1% silver . Pyrites can contain Gold. We here in NM had a Processing plant just out of town that was making money from gold bearing Pyrites being shipped from silver city to Deming. Another End Via EPA! It was making money. All they did was roast out the Sulphides and Smelt out the Gold, Silver . EPA closed them down because the Levels of Arsenic was higher then the local water.

We have the Highest Arsenic levels in the USA. Not killed us off this fare.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1