Nugget Shooter Forums

Finally getting some off-road wheels.

I have been looking at these bikes and wanting one for the past year and a half. I finally found a local one, the guy is letting me do work for him to pay it off. I probably won't have it for a few months because I've just been working a day or two a week for him. It's a 75 honda ct90, I guess it's really just an off-road moped. I've already tried out the rack it holds my drywasher and necessary gear no problem. I have been restricted in where I can go because I drive a pt cruiser. When I get this bad boy I will be doing some serious trail busting to find some new spots!

post-26514-0-69501900-1401749694_thumb.j

That's just a google image, lol, sorry I should've said. I just searched for the 75 ct90 because that's the year of the one I'm getting. Mine is not near as nice, it is actually still being fixed up a little. Mine is still sitting in the guys garage until I pay it off. So I am stuck looking at pics on the internet until I can ride mine. Looks just like it though, same color, just a little bit dirtier. Mine has the extra fuel tank too, and also the last owner put a big ammo can on the back edge of the storage rack, so it is extra storage and it kind of helps hold things on the main rack.

How many miles on the one you're getting?

Have you ever seen one with a sidecar, they only made 50 with the sidecar but they're very cool, highly collectible and if original and in very good condition, they sell for over $10,000 for the complete unit, the only one I have seen is listed for $18,995 it has all documentation and very low miles!!

Mine has about 7600 miles on it. Quite a bit I guess, but I've heard some of them can last for much longer than that. Most of the really nice ones in perfect shape that I've seen on craigslist around here have gone for at least a thousand. I just won't be able to spend a thousand dollars at once anytime soon (except on my new tooth) so I am ok with getting one that's a bit more used for 600$ that I can work off a couple days a week. Yea! I saw the sidecar. One of the first things I searched for was "side car for a ct90" the first thing I read said they were "extremely rare" so I figured I probably wasn't getting one. They are sweet though. I was wanting one so I could go on long trips and not have to leave my dog at home. I had no idea they were that rare and expensive.

You can buy a new sidecar that should fit that bike for around $2000+/-.

http://www.saferwholesale.com/Classic-Rocket-Side-Car-Motorcycle-Sidecar-Kit-p/1sc-classicmotorcyclrckt-honda.htm

I know you don't want to spend that much but I posted it to show what's available.

I think most any used Honda sidecar should fit it without too much modification.

Go to Harbor Freight and pick up a hitch and handicapped platform with fold down ramp and that pt will easily haul that thang. With that low a mileage it's barely broken in :thumbsupanim GREAT FIND and as a labor deal :4chsmu1: what a steal kudos man-John

• Like 1

Nice bike. Those were some great trail riding machines back in the day. Just an FYI… if you're gonna take that bike in to the boonies make sure you have good tires and you'll want to get the Bridgestone Ultra Heavy Duty tubes. Nothing ruins your day more than having to change out or repair a tube that went flat when you're out in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

That hitch and wheelchair platform would be handy for sure. Right now I don't have a way to haul it but it's street legal and has the title. The ultra seal is a good idea too. Mesquites and cactus are every where out here. Yea I can't wait to get it. There some spots that I have wanted to go to that are just way to far to walk let alone pack a dry washer too. There's a bunch of old diggings you can barely see on the tops of a couple peaks that I can't wait to ride up and check out.

• 2 months later...

So I managed to briefly shake off the severe gold fever I have, to come into town and snag a bike I found a good deal on. It's not the one I was working towards I found another one for cheaper. It's a 75 ct90, 8xxx miles on it. There is no battery on it but it starts up on the second kick every time and the idle sounds great. I get on it shift to first and it takes off and feels good. Then when I shift to second and give it gas it seems to bog down and I lose power. The bike is still going but feels sluggish, sounds a bit rough, and won't even go ten miles an hour. Then when I shift back to first, first gear runs rough and feels sluggish too. If any of you guys have some ideas on where to start looking for the issue I would appreciate it.

First place to look is the fuel filter ...Should be inline ... Replace that first ...Also make sure the gas cap is ventilated ... After that, sounds like a carb cleaning/overhaul .... Have fun ... I loved the one I had and ended up swapping it to Bill ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

When you pull the carb to clean it, make sure you take a strand off of a wire brush and clean/poke out all the jets and venturi ports. Use plenty of spray type carb cleaner to get into all the nooks and crannies. Follow it up with a good blast of compressed air into the areas you just cleaned. Whenever a bike sits for awhile with fuel in the carb or the tank, invariably the jets and ports will start getting gummed up as the fuel and fuel line starts to deteriorate.

• Like 3