Nugget Shooter Forums

Post your Nugget/Gold Week.....

Hey guys and gals...2014 is rolling by fast ! I know my take this year so far is less than last years, but this year they are smaller and more unique...some are odd shaped, crystalline, some dirty as heck with iron, others just plain pretty little specimens. Post your favorite gold find of this year regardless of size, or how you found it...lets get summer rolling by wetting our appetite this week with some of our forum friends finds...I will start with this little bugger... :) ..who's next.... Ohhh as if you don't know..don't post your location..it's all about eye candy. The one pictured has some quartz attached with a perfect amount of gold making it a nice specimen.

post-22658-0-45009800-1401630002_thumb.j

• Like 3

Im having my best year yet with over a pound of gold being found from drywashing, detecting, and hardrock. Wish i could repost the multi oz piece but photo has been pulled and was an amazing thing to see being pulled. 2014!!!

• Like 1

Im having my best year yet with over a pound of gold being found from drywashing, detecting, and hardrock. Wish i could repost the multi oz piece but photo has been pulled and was an amazing thing to see being pulled. 2014!!!

Just curious… what's that break down to on an hourly rate would you figure?

Even if it worked out to less than minimum wage for my time spent, I would you rather be mining than flipping burgers at McDonalds. :yesss: AzNuggetBob

Boulder dash, are you speaking of the 2 ouncer you found? If so I did see it.....very nice....it had a little quartz attached as I recall..and what do you mean pulled...by you? Regardless.....your doing extremely well this year and the year is not over.. :yesss: So more to come I am sure...Ahorton, those are nice nuggs coming out of the drywasher....Makes me recall the day I was down deep in this gulch below Shomaker road,on the east fork river...drywashing away..as I was shoveling into the large Keene 151 I noticed a yellow thing fly in the top hopper....I stopped the engine and right at the very top riffle...a beauty of a 1 dwt. nugg..memories are great. Rimshot.....I bet some of those skunks have a yellow color to them.. :)

The joy of hunting and searching for gold ...is priceless....It gets me into the most beautiful areas I would probably never see if it was not for my passion for hunting the yellow metal. And by the way....if you do it, and are serious about it...you will be successful, which we all can define what is success in our own way.

Internet bullying getting you down?. I to have been a recent victim of cyber bullying, to the point of not being able to post anymore. :4chsmu1:

http://www.stopbullying.gov/cyberbullying/index.html

See...now thats the thing I miss most from the good ol days.

If you have a problem with someone, you punch them in the nose...he blackens your eye...you both get bloody noses and then your friends..

Just cant do that on the internet. :(

Tom H.

Heres some Dad and I got this year....so far.

One with some hemitite...little under 1/2 oz....one a little over a 1/2 oz.

and....a bunch of little goobers :)

Been a great year so far! :)
Tom H.

post-25308-0-85452000-1401678986_thumb.j

post-25308-0-24238400-1401679019_thumb.j

post-25308-0-17610500-1401679134_thumb.j

• Like 2

Tom, I remember those days..thought it was a Chicago thing....lol... :3ztzsjm::Just_Cuz_15::shake2::2drink: sorry about the funny little cartoon things, but that explains it how it was.....hey, but how about the nugget picture posts...???

Tom, That's what i am talking about !! :thumbsupanim Nice nuggs !! hey that one with hemitite, is it worth cleaning? or is it only possible with acid..which I don't mess with myself. found a little 2 grammer like that dirty as heck with black stuff on it. maybe I will post it sometime soon. Thanks for the adraneline rush!!

Edited by Relichunter2

Tom, I remember those days..thought it was a Chicago thing....lol... :3ztzsjm::Just_Cuz_15::shake2::2drink: sorry about the funny little cartoon things, but that explains it how it was.....hey, but how about the nugget picture posts...???

Tom, That's what i am talking about !! :thumbsupanim Nice nuggs !! hey that one with hemitite, is it worth cleaning? or is it only possible with acid..which I don't mess with myself. found a little 2 grammer like that dirty as heck with black stuff on it. maybe I will post it sometime soon. Thanks for the adraneline rush!!

Yah, I could clean it up...but I like looking at the dirty little thing...and wondering how it was formed :)

Gives me motivation to detect/plan future trips into that area.

Tom H.

T&OT... You two are doing great this year ... Keep on it ... OT, how you feeling, post repipe and all? Great, I hope ... Cheers, Unc

Yeah Ron, we have been getting out quite regularly and have done pretty good. Too hot in the desert from now on so we'll be going to the higher country to do some fishing and detecting during the summer. Didn't know I was feeling so bad until I got my pipes redone and now I am feeling normal I guess for an 80 year old. The old pump really gets going when the yella shows up in the hole.

Old Tom

Hot weekend at the Basin. First time out dry washing with my new Royal Explorer. Got some work to do and how to dry wash. Was detecting until I run across two Mojave Greens. Slid my coil and seen that a green was on top.

post-26909-0-60396500-1401763198_thumb.j

• Like 1

Tom(s) dang you guys are really stacking them nuggets up. best of luck the year isnt over yet.

Hoser John

Great disply with that scale.I love older scales, and nice brite high K yellow gold too.

AzNuggetBob