Nugget Shooter Forums

Memorial Day Flatheading

Went out with a few friends and chased the flatheads around for a few days, heres the catch for one those nights, they range from 44lb to 9lb....and hey Bill Southern I hope there is no hard feeling's on my bike riding comment on FB, not one of my better days bro, ya know I really do care about our biker population across the nation....I was not very eloquent with my remarks though and I do apologize....post-27087-0-91564500-1401389070_thumb.j

Hey Fish ... are those Colorado River Flats ... and if so what was the best bait? Plan to do a little cat fishing near Cibola come early Fall. Seems the locals like to use sunfish or any panfish sized bait.

Mike F

post-27087-0-69309800-1402273980_thumb.j

Hey Fish ... are those Colorado River Flats ... and if so what was the best bait? Plan to do a little cat fishing near Cibola come early Fall. Seems the locals like to use sunfish or any panfish sized bait.

Mike F

Mike those flats came from Bartlett Lake but pretty much across the state live gills n small carp are the best bait, good luck n tight lines to ya.....went out n got a small one on the yak Thursday night....

Edited by FishAz

Been doing well with the largemouth bass so far ... haven't made it to the ocean yet. Just sold my Native Slayer14.5 and bought a new Old Town Padator13 .... oh what a difference that makes ... better cockpit ... I can stand up in the predator ... and paddling ... my biggest complaint about the slayer was it plowed in the water. The predator hull design is almost like a foil ... kinda lifts up and has much less resistance when moving through the water. Can't wait to try it in the current of the Colorado when I get back. Right now I am rigging for the fishfinder, rod holder and anchor system as well as a couple other things. I'll post a picture when I get it all rigged.

Heard good reviews on the predator series, awesome vessel Mike, looking to add my fishfinder to my new Ascend FS128 but transducer placement/mounting a little tricky without a "shoot thru the hull" transducer, will be interested in how you mount yours...as far as anchoring system mine came with the "trolly system" not sure how im gonna like that yet...well good luck with the "up fit" on your new yak, be looking forward to see how you did things....Where you been fishn those LM bass? Bart been giving em up on top water as of lately at sunrise n set...tight lines Mike.

FishAz ... Mostly caught on Salamander plastics ... weedy coves and 4 - 8 feet of water ... they've left the beds as water has heated up pretty fast a week or two ago ... have an extended cold front for the rest of this week here in southern NH so the fish may be back closer to the banks in the warmer water. Appetites in the warm water locations have been veracious! Placed the rod holder and standby holder into the boat last night before going into the slat for stripers ... no bites ... not even a nibble!

Mike