Nugget Shooter Forums

Octave - Beehive Mines Video Tour ... Very Cool!!!!

Looks like Ben has the Octave - Beehive Mine Property for sale ... Here's a very cool video that really shows a lot plus some beautiful gold from the Beehive ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 4

Speaking of the Octave and Beehive mines… here's some reading on the Octave mine that will give you older AZ guys quite a kick. I'm sure if you were around the Wickenburg and Congress area in the 60's and 70's, you're probably aware of all the gold mine schemes and scams that were prevalent during that time period. Many of the mines, placers, and claims in the Weaver district were caught up in those cons and schemes.

http://www.azbest.com/gold/octave1.pdf

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2014 at 4:46 PM, Au Seeker said:

Well I just bought some lottery tickets, if I hit the Jackpot :idunno: I might have to look at this property!!! :brows:

Here's a link to the listing, they only want $5.9 million, I wonder if they would take $5.2 million :idunno: !!!

http://www.luxurydeserthideaways.com/octave.html

Hmmm That red scrape down below looks real familiar. :thumbsupanim AzNuggetBob

mountain labels

• Like 1

:thumbsupanim WOW amazing place but not enough cash to buy or heaven on earth would be mine....thanx MUCH Ron for video-I normally don't last but a few minutes watching but thisn' twice....take care stay cool-John

Thanks for posting that link, Unk.. The vid explained a couple things this non-local didn't know / understand..

Speaking of non-local, would someone who is a long-timer of the area mind giving a bit of insight about the Leviathan..? I mean as to where they pulled the Au in the past.. I have to guess out of the shaft low on the property.. Yet the only visible reminder anything was ever done there besides the shaft entrance is the large tailing pile up above the bull quartz veins.. Was Au recovery tried up there too..? Seems like a long way to drag the shaft ore, to me at least.. And are there assay justifying the $1M + - asking price..? Their property tour video is less than stellar, they show no color, and the worst is they give no info or reasons for anyone to get excited about wanting to buy, much less at that price.. Thanks..

Swamp

13 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

mountain labels

I think I see some D-8 tracks leading up to that red area :)
Tom H.

Interesting video...but, it seems to be more skewed to someone with a lot of money to throw at it, sit in the nice house and see if anything happens......no mention of what it will take to get those shafts safe and such.  Did show one of them will have to be pumped out. Thats going to involve a lot of timber to make it safe again to get back in there. Just my weak opinion :)
Tom H.

15 minutes ago, TomH said:

I think I see some D-8 tracks leading up to that red area :)
Tom H.

Your Close D-9:4chsmu1:

AzNuggetBob

12 hours ago, TomH said:

Interesting video...but, it seems to be more skewed to someone with a lot of money to throw at it, sit in the nice house and see if anything happens......no mention of what it will take to get those shafts safe and such.  Did show one of them will have to be pumped out. Thats going to involve a lot of timber to make it safe again to get back in there. Just my weak opinion :)
Tom H.

You are absolutely correct, sah..!

But then again, isn't that what good salesmanship is all about to begin with..? Accentuate the positive; gloss over the negative.. That's exactly what they are hoping for -- someone who doesn't need to think twice about tossing $6M at yet another winter home somewhere on the planet that also just so happens to be sitting on a purt sweet Au stockpile.. No need to actually recover ROI; the mere fact it's there is all they need.. To that person it would simply be another paper asset that can be turned into a great yearly tax write-off as well..

The crazy thing is: In light of the huge wealth discrepancy chasm of today's world, I'd say there's at least a 50/50 chance of the above happening over a group of miners coming in to continue Au removal.. I know what the core samples would need to show before I'd lay down my $$s, and frankly I don't think it's there.. If it was the claims wouldn't be up for sale..

Swamp

The octave has been a toy for the scion of a very wealthy LV family... He's moved on to other things..Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Yeah, It was a great place for a single guy. He had me over a few times for pizza, movies,shooting off our guns and fireworks. He thought about putting a swimming pool in but that was a bad idea given the location.

Then he had to ruin his life by getting married. Life's a bitch.. ain't it??

9 hours ago, Morlock said:

Yeah, It was a great place for a single guy. He had me over a few times for pizza, movies,shooting off our guns and fireworks. He thought about putting a swimming pool in but that was a bad idea given the location.

Then he had to ruin his life by getting married. Life's a bitch.. ain't it??

Well, his wife is quite beautiful, a Las Vegas dancer originally from Russia ... She is very nice  .... And now they have one or more kids... Cheers, Unc

He always told me he wanted to marry one of those mail order ,docile, russian women. I figured he was kidding but I guess he wasn't. Guess it's true money can buy happiness.

Morlock, I don't think that is what came down... Tatiana (I think that's her name) ... Was a serious working dancer, not a "mail order" ... My wife and I got to spend time talking with her and she was smart and communicative ... Nice lady! ... Cheers, Unc