Nugget Shooter Forums

Nuggethunting trip to high in the Motherlode

I just took two friends up to an area I know pretty well to see if I could put them on gold. We hunted between 6000' and almost to 8000'. Saw some awesome vistas and got to pet some giant trees. Most of this part of the Motherlode is pristine old growth forest. It's beautiful to see areas that have been mined almost continually (till CA banned dredging) that are still far more pristine than most of the rest of the state.

post-1252-0-23042500-1401215066_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-80904800-1401215090_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-21777200-1401215343_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-08251000-1401215375_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-85426500-1401215673_thumb.jp

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 4

I did not. I spent the time trying to learn a new detector, my goldbug pro. My buddies did get some Nuggets I think just a bit over a third of an ounce

post-1252-0-32289100-1401223958_thumb.jp

Must be awesome standing next to one of those giants. I never had the opportunity to do so but maybe I can get my son to go with me to that area and do some cool hunting and tree hugging. Getting too hot in the desert for now.

Old Tom

Thanks for posting Steve, nice looking area, those are some nice big trees to be hugging, I have never understood how the wacko-environmentalists can get their arms around trees like those, it must be the yoga they're doing :idunno: , very nice looking gold!! :thumbsupanim

They probably are, but we were in high trash and hot ground terrain. Tough terrain to learn a new beeper. There were spots the ground read 97/100. I was inundated with sounds and numbers. I will get the hang of it soon. Besides, I loaned my 4500 to one of my guests, his 5000 got wet just before the trip and it was important to me that he get some gold from this area.

Dee and I will be going back there soon enough and I will score some yeller with my GPX

• Like 1

LOGGING :th: not only no but LL NO :grr01: Great pics El D. I went detecting yesterday also but spent all my time pickn' up tourist and hygrader trash and destruction. They were using detectors or dynamite as bomb craters all over. Whiskeytown Regatta brings in them rich folks in massive rvs and they dump trash everywhere sic sic sic---John :nutty:

Great place Steve! I was up near that way just for Sunday night. Found a decent looking spot to give a try and you are welcome to swing a coil with me at it when I can get away for a day.