Nugget Shooter Forums

Hot skunk today!

TomH

Welp..............

Got out with dad and a friend to some spots that had given up some yellow in the past.

Wanted to hit them again after the monsoons last year.

Well, no yellow :( but thats the way it goes....next wash over has it! :)
Got to eat a lot of little black flys, they taste like chicken. Dern they were bad today!

Pulled out around 1:30 as is was getting a little toasty.

Probably the last desert hunt for us until Sept.

Was a good day out with dad and friend......had fun :)
Tom H.

P.S. its amazing how a small trib in the middle of no where can have mining artifacts in it. Those guys were all over I guess.

So how hot was it Tom?

I think it got up to 98.

I took a IR thermometer out one time and was hitting the rocks in the wash with it. It was about 10-15 deg hotter in the washes.

Radiant heat I guess.

We are going to be in the hundreds from here on out im afraid.

Tom

Well it's 81 here with 75% humidity but i managed to work four yards of gravel today and man did i ever sweat....lol

Tom to bad about the skunk. oh well maybe next time. did you forget your skunk repellant?

Hey those black flys taste better with a little salt.

the problem is getting them to hold still!

but there not hard to catch. just stand still open your mouth and they fly into every hole in

your head,eyes,ears,nose and mouth. I prefer the tiny red gnats though,their a little spicier. :brows:

I got out to my neck of the woods today on some new ground but natha just relics and plenty of bugs.

guess I didn't use enough skunk repellant. :D

Yep summer is back. Time to go north. AzNuggetBob

You're right about them getting into every hole in your head Bob. I finally wrapped my red bandana around my head and all that was visable were my eyes. My long sleeved shirt was wet from sweat and they just flocked all over it to get a drink. I used to fish with a black gnat when I was a kid but it was a lot bigger than these boogers. Just why the fish like them so much I don't know as they taste awful.

Old Tom

The hotter it got the worse the gnats became. Glad you at least got out Tom`s and gave it a shot. I was dry washing New River under the 60 and boy was it was toasty :nutty:

Edited by adam

That's a real good spot Adam, lots of good color there.

Old Tom

The hotter it got the worse the gnats became. Glad you at least got out Tom`s and gave it a shot. I was dry washing New River under the 60 and boy was it was toasty :nutty:

I read a story of a guy back in the day that got 20,000 in nuggets out of that area.

Keep at it...there has to be some left.

Tom H.

Not goin to argue with that Tom, another season , another hard rain, old ground open again, AzNuggetBob

Hey Tom & Adam you guys are making this internet prospecting very rough :cry2: . Spent last 3 days digging up my back yard at garden lakes :grr01: . I was told gold goes down river well it has not made it two miles yet :nutty: .

I know next time start at the dump :200: lol Good luck guys

Lon

Hey Tom & Adam you guys are making this internet prospecting very rough :cry2: . Spent last 3 days digging up my back yard at garden lakes :grr01: . I was told gold goes down river well it has not made it two miles yet :nutty: . I know next time start at the dump :200: lol Good luck guys Lon

Lon:

Wait till I get into New river wash and the Glendale overpass.

I go over it every day on my way to work and I know its a hot spot. :yesss:

It even has water in it for highbanking! Hopefully Adam hasnt found it yet. :P

Tom H.